Who is William Barr?
He is an American lawyer and an official of the US government, serving as the 85th Attorney General of the United States in the administration of President Donald Trump since February 14, 2019. Formerly, he served as the 77th Attorney General from 1991 to 1993 during the the administration of George H. W. Bush. William Barr Net Worth is $40 million.
William Barr Biography
William Barr (William Pelham Barr) was born in New York City, New York, United States on May 23, 1950. He obtained his first degree in government from Columbia University on September, 1971 and two years later, he earned his master’s degree in Chinese studies and government from Columbia University. After schooling, he got a job with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). While working for the agency, he enrolled at George Washington University from where he earned his law degree in 1977. He worked as a clerk for a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. His parents are Donald Barr and Mary Margaret.
In 1978, he joined the Washington, D.C. office of Shaw, Pittman, Potts & Trowbridge law firm as an associate. From 1982 to 1983, William Barr worked in the Reagan White House, before returning to Shaw, Pittman, Potts & Trowbridge as a partner in 1985.
In 1989, William Barr served as an assistant Attorney General in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel. In April of the same year, he became the deputy attorney general of the Justice Department.
In 1991, he was appointed to served as United States attorney general under President George H.W. Bush until 1993.
In 2018, US President Donald Trump appointed him the Attorney.
William Barr Career
William Barr net worth was acquired as result of his career as an American lawyer and Republican Party Leader, who after graduating from college, started working in law firms as a clerk, before gaining appointments to work with the government of the United States of America.
In the presentation below, we have outlined highlights of William Barr’s academic, professional, and political career, and also his vocational progress.
- 2019-Present — U.S Attorney General under President Donald Trump
- 2017-Present — Counsel at Kirkland and Ellis LLP in Washington, D.C.
- 2009— Counsel to Kirkland and Ellis LLP in Washington, D.C.
- 2000-2008 — General Counsel and Executive Vice Presídent of Verizon Communications
- 1994-2000 — General Counsel and Executive Vice Presídent of GTE Corporation
- 1991-1993 — United States Attorney General under Presîdent George H.W. Bush
- 1989-1991 — Deputy United States Attorney General
- 1989 — Assistant Attorney General in the Justíce Department’s Office of Legal Counsel
- 1985-1989 — Partner at Shaw, Pittman, Potts and Trowbridge
- 1982-1983 — Worked on domestic polícy in the Reagan White House
- 1978-1982 — Associate at the Washington, D.C. offíce of Shaw, Pittman, Potts & Trowbridge law firm
- 1977 — Earned a law degree from George Washington University
- 1973-1977 — Worked at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- 1973 — Earned a master’s degree in government and Chinese studíes from Columbia University
- 1971 — Earned a bachelor’s degree in government from Columbia Uníversity
As the Attorney General of the United States, William Barr’s function to the US government includes:
- Representing the country in legal matters.
- Directing and supervising the administration, management and operation of the boards, divisions, offices, and bureaus that make up the Department
- Furnishing formal and informal opinions and advice on matters of legal nature, to the President and the Cabinet and also to the heads of the executive departments and agencies of the government, as provided by the law
- Making recommendations to the President concerning appointments to federal judicial positions and to positions within the Department, including United States Attorneys and United States Marshals
- Representing or supervising the representation of the US Government in the Supreme Court of the US and all other courts, domestic and foreign, in which the US is a party or has an interest Which may be deemed appropriate
- Performing or supervising the performance of other duties required by statute or Executive Order, according to the Department of Justice of the United States of America
William Barr Marriage, Wife & Daughter
Mr. William Barr is a married man. He is happily married to Christine Barr and together, they have a daughter Mary Daly.
Mr. and Mrs. Barr has been married since 1973. Their daughter, Mary Daly is an employee of the United States Department of Justice.
William Barr Net Worth 2020
After accounting for taxes, private spending and personal returns of investment, William Barr Net Worth in 2020 is pegged at the sum of $40 million. He made his name and subsequent wealth by serving as attorney general for two United States presidents, George H. W. Bush and Donald J. Trump.
It is important to note that William Barr made most of his fortune out of office. In compensation, he collected over $50 million in as an exco and director for some of America’s biggest companies. Further findings have revealed that the American lawyer could be worth more than known, as certain documents reveal assets worth between $24 million and $74 million.
From 2001 to 2007, William Barr accumulated an average of $1.7 million in yearly salary and bonuses, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. From 2003 – 2007, he received valuable stock options, some of which he traded collecting an estimated $3 million after taxes.
From 2009-2016, he earned $970,000 in cash and another $1 million in equity awards from Time Warner for serving on its board, when the company agreed to combine with AT&T.
His deal with Verizon paid off well as his job with the company came with many other beneficial takeaways. Mr. William Barr received a flexible spending allowance of $31,000 around $10,000 for financial planning, and the freedom to make use of the company jet for his own personal purposes. The biggest benefit of all came upon his retirement. At the end of 2008 when he stepped down from the company, he received a $17.1 million distribution from the income deferral plan of Verizon. Additionally, company documents also reveal details of an additional $10.4 million separation payment for the attorney.
All these and more are the origins of William Barr Net Worth and wealth. If you have any suggestions or contributions which are related to the discussion, we would be glad to have them in the comments section below.