Stomach ulcer is also known as peptic ulcer- an open sore on the gastrointestinal tract which occurs when the protective lining becomes ineffective. This problem inflicts many people both young and old, causing a lot of severe pains. It has robbed many off their money; added more health conditions due to the prolonged intake of drugs; many have been rendered unproductive and has even sent many to their early grave. This life threatening condition can be caused by several factors.
Here Are Some of the Causes of Stomach Ulcer:
- Physical or emotional Stress
- Negative lifestyles-alcohol, smoking
- Immune system abnormalities
- Medical and family history
- Helicobacter pylori
- Extreme hot foods
- Intake of excessive pepper.
- Drugs effects-Non Steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs like the aspirin
- Indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Stomach holes
- Stomach acidity
It’s possible for one to have an ulcer without showing any sign making it very difficult for detect without going to the hospital. However there are some common effects by which stomach ulcer can be recognized.
Symptoms of Peptic Ulcer
- Bleeding in the stomach
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
There are many ways of treating stomach ulcer such as taking of drugs orally, using injections, undertaking surgical operations and removing the cause of the problem. But for the sake of this article we are going to base our emphasis on the natural and herbal way of stomach ulcer treatment because of its numerous advantages-no side effects, little or no cost involved and products availability.
Top Natural and Herbal Remedies for Stomach Ulcers:
- Consumption of bananas: bananas contains an enzyme known as sitoindosides-increases the mucus cells, promotes the growth of healthy cells in the intestines and digestive tract. Banana powder and unripe bananas work best for stomach ulcer
- Honey: this is very rich in glucose oxidase enzymes which help to kills bacteria responsible for stomach ulcer. Take 2 spoons of good honey on an empty stomach daily.
- Garlic: the major bacteria responsible for stomach ulcer known as Helicobacter pylori bacterium can be put off with consumption of garlic.
- Raw Goat Milk: this fastens the healing process of peptic ulcers and recommended especially to those that keeps having re-occurring ulcer. No heating is required for this milk-take it as raw as it is.
- Wood Apple: this is one of the most effective ways of curing stomach ulcer. Soak the wood apple overnight in a bowl of water, cover properly, carefully strain out the water into a clean cup and drink the water.
- Fenugreek Leaves: fenugreek is known for its high content of mucilaginous compound-used to coat and protect the stomach linings. Rinse the leave with clean water, boil the leave and drink it in an empty stomach.
- Avoid alcohol and Smoking: this habit increases the acid production of the stomach and prevent the lining of the stomach from being corroded.
- Eating rightly: our daily foods have great effects on our overall well being. As a way of preventing and treating stomach ulcer, avoid caffeinated drinks, tobacco and reduce fatty foods. Else, stomach acids increases and this can erode the duodenum, esophagus and stomach protective linings, thereby making the stomach ulcer to get worst. Also consume foods that are rich in Vitamin E.
- Dandelion Tea: this tea is very effective in curing stomach ulcers. it helps to clean the digestive tract and removes the bacteria that causes ulcers. Dandelion tea also provides other health benefits. For a faster and better healing result, drink this tea several times daily.
- Aloe Vera Juice: this herb contains a mucus-like substance which makes it very effective in treating stomach ulcers. It has powerful healing properties and lots of health benefits. Take aloe vera juice from its plant or buy the saturated aloe vera juice in the market and take a spoonful of it on an empty stomach.
Stick to one natural remedy at a time in treating stomach ulcer. Using more than one remedy might causes some side effects and delay the entire healing process because of products counter reaction-one product reacting against the other.
The stomach ulcer natural remedies presented above are for mild ulcers which just started and whose pain is not so severe. For a more chronic type of stomach ulcer especially the ones that causes bleeding and stomach holes, see your doctor as fast as possible for a professional medical support.