Headaches indicate that your body will either need to take something like water, food or need to do something like resting. This medical condition occurs as a result of a combination of nerve signals from the muscles and blood vessels. These signals don’t normally turn on without a triggering factor and some of which are given below.
Factors that triggers headache:
- Poor posture
- Low blood sugar
- Inbalance hormone
- Nutrional deficiencies
- Back strain
- Environmental causes
- Mineral or vitamin imbalance
Worry about how to make headache go away as fast as possible? Just use these best headache remedies using herbs and other natural ways. Certainly you will thank us later because you will be so amazed how well our remedies work.
Top 10 Herbal and Natural Ways of Treating Headaches:
- Increased intake of Magnesium: most migraines are due to the low level of magnesium in the body. Endeavor to increase your daily consumption of magnesium by simply eating foods like beans, whole grains, vegetables, nuts, seeds, meats, etc
- Butterbur: this herb has the ability of reducing inflammation, serves as a beta blocker and allows normal blood flow to the brain. The right mood of consuming this herb is by taking minimum of 75 milligrams and twice daily.
- Adequate Rest: don’t over work yourself without giving the body the required amount of rest. Sitting in a darkened room and closing your eyes relief tension from back, neck and shoulders. This in turns eliminates headaches.
- Teaberry: this edible plant originates from North America and commonly referred to as wintergreen. It has anti-inflammatory properties, acts as an astringent and stimulant thereby capable of fighting fatigue, neuralgias and headaches. Brew Teaberry for 5 minutes in hot water and drink the mixture. It can also be added to teas, make tinctures or oil extracts.
- Drink lots of water: a dehydrated body is prone to having headaches. You must not wait to eat before taking water. Keep the body hydrated by drinking water at intervals within the day.
- Stay positive and Happy: sadness, anxiety, stress are some of the most common causes of headaches. If that headache must go away, then you must learn how to quickly swift your mood to be as happy as you can. You can do this by reflecting on things that makes you happy. It might be a past event, thought of your loved ones, your hobbies etc.
- Intake of Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng): this herb relief headache very fast. It handles most of the possible causes of headaches- increased physical endurance, combat stress, strengthens the nervous systems, boosts energy, enhances good sleep and fight fatigues. The herb can be found in the market as fresh root, supplements, dried root or in powdered form. The right way of taking Ashwagandha is by boiling 1-2 gram of either the fresh or dried root in a cup of water or milk and take thrice daily. The supplement forms are best prescribed by the doctor.
- Chamomile: with the wonders of this herb, headache will sure be a history to you. The herb has too many effective attributes that helps in fighting off headache. Some of Chamomile works are-calming the nerves, muscles relaxation, anxiety reduction and on the long run wiping away headaches.
- Breathe deeply but slowly: this simple technique is very vital in headache treatment. Slow and deep breathing messages the brain to be calm and the brain in turn communicates this to other parts of the body. Then gradually, you will more relax and the headache slowly goes off.
- Exercise: I know many will ask- how can I do exercise when am not okay? But I tell you this, if given a choice of when to exercise, the best time it’s needed will really be when you are not so strong. It boosts your energy level and makes the blood to circulate freely all around the body. Hence, relief you of headache.
We know that life’s challenges can be demanding sometimes, but we must intentionally derive a means of coping well with situations without allowing it to tell on our overall health. Remember prevention is always cheaper than curing.
NOTE: Use a particular herb at a time to eliminate side effects. But the natural means of treating headaches might be applied simultaneously. However, if after doing the above suggested remedies for a while, headaches still remain or worsen, then your case might require a medical support.