Scotland has about 19 higher institutions, some of which are University of Glasgow, University of St. Andrew, University of Edinburgh, and several popular colleges to pick from any that suit your interest. However, you must have a Scotland student visa for students intending to study in this country.
Guide On How To Apply For Scotland Student Visa From Nigeria
Different types of Scotland student visa exists in Scotland, there are:
- Tier 4 (General) visa type: basically for those who want to study an undergraduate or postgraduate program in any of the institutions in Scotland.
- Child student Visitor Visa: this for students who are under 18 years of age who also intend to study in Scotland for as much as 6 months.
- Student Visitor; if you are over the age of 18 years and wish to study in this country for as much as 6 months, then this visa type is for you.
These different student visa categories attract different charges and processing duration. You can get more details on this by using the official website or a visit to the Scotland Embassy or Consulate offices in Nigeria.
Documentation Requirements for Scotland student visa
- Scotland Student Visa Application form
- Letter of acceptance from the institution in Scotland Student
- Valid International passport with at least 6 months validity beyond your intended stay duration
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) especially for science and technologies courses
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Two current color passport-size photographs on white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- Evidence of health’s insurance cover
- Evidence of travel insurance cover
- Police registration certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
- Certificate of eligibility
- Medical certificates covering Tuberculosis (TB) testing
- Proof of no criminal record or pending legal issues
- Your academic documents like transcript, diplomas, degrees, or any other certificate you acquired from your school
- Proof of financial capabilities such as funds in convertible currency, traveler’s cheques, credits card, cheque book for a foreign currency account in order to access your capabilities in paying all that are needed for studies and all expenses during your stay.
- Proof of onward travel; showing that you can afford the cost of your leaving the country once your program elapse.
- Proof that you will be happy to return back to Nigeria after your study period
Scotland Student Visa Application Method
- You may obtain the Scotland Student Visa application form via the local embassy, consulate office or online via studyinscotland.org
- Fill out the form correctly and respond to all the asked questions.
- Pay your visa application fee by following the strict instructions.
- Book an appointment at any of the visa application centers in Abuja and Lagos.
- Be present on your appointed date for submission of your application form and all the required documents
- Ensures that your biometric information (photo and fingerprint) is taken
- Attach all the required documents and passports photograph with the application form.
- Submit to the Scotland Embassy in Nigeria.
- Attend visa application interview as booked
- Once your visa application is being granted, a letter will be sent on that regard from the embassy or consulate office
- If your visa application was not approved after your interview with the consular officer, you may have to try again in later days.