Want to know more about this fantastic Gospel singer, Sammie Okposo? this article contains the biography, songs, and every info, you will wish you knew.
SAMMIE OKPOSO BIOGRAPHY
Sammie Okposo, the favorite Nigeria Gospel artist, is a music producer, Psalmist, Entertainment consultant and the CEO of Zamar Entertainment. He was born on the 30th of May, 1971 into a Christian home to a father who was an elder and a mother who was a Deaconess in the church. He dedicated his young days to play the keyboard in his local Church for the choir from the age of 10.
SAMMIE OKPOSO MUSIC CAREER
His music career started in 1992 when he joined the movie industry as a soundtrack Producer; he later ventured into music production.
In the year 2000, He was brought into recognition when he released his debut album which he titled ‘Unconditional Love.’ His hit track from the album being ‘Welu Welu’ gained him a lot of local and international attention.
In 2004, Sammie Okposo was invited by the American Ambassador to Nigeria to perform at the Martin Luther King day and July 4th independence day celebration.
Sammie has also featured in so many concerts all over Nigeria, Africa, Europe, and America, most importantly ‘The Experience’.
Sammie Okposo and his 12 piece DX Generation are known as one of the most compelling and inspiring groups in Africa. His latest Album, ‘The Statement ’ was co-produced by ten-time Grammy Award-winning Producer Kevin Bond.
SAMMIE OKPOSO SONGS
- Oluwa E. Tobi
- Na Only You IKnow
- Welu Welu
- Naija Praise
- Jawa Chineke
- I Go Dance
- Kabiyesi Bayete
- A Marvelous Thing
- Jehovah Idi Ebube
- A Prayer
- I Love You Jehovah
- Baba Ye
- Who Tell You Say
- Everybody Look
- That’s Why You are Called
- Naija Dey Bam
- Praise Party
- God Do am
- Good God
- Because of You
- Na So
- Oghene Doh
- Mighty God
- He Knows
- Sing Your Praise
- No Wahala
- Many Reasons
- Lift Him High
- God Can
- Prayer feat Nathaniel Bassey. Gabriel Eziashi and Andrew Bello
SAMMIE OKPOSO AWARDS
- 1994- He won the “Best Most Promising Male Artist”(Fame Music Awards)
- 1997- He received awards for “Best Sound Track”(The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1998- He won awards for “Best Sound Track” (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 2001- He received awards for “Best Gospel Artiste” at the Amen Awards, Nigeria
- 2002- He won the “Best Contemporary Gospel Artiste “(Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2002- He received awards for “Gospel Artiste of the Year”(Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2005- He received awards for “Best Male Contemporary Gospel Artiste” in Nigeria (Amen Awards)
- 2005- He received awards for “Artist of the Year” (Teen Choice Awards)
- 2006- he won awards for “Best Gospel Artiste in English”(Afro Hollywood Awards UK)
- 2006- he won awards for “Gospel Artist for the year” (Nigeria Music Awards)
- 2006- he received the awards for Best Sound and Music Score- Amazing Grace (Nigeria Movie Awards)
- 2007- Gospel Artiste of the Year(Nigeria Entertainment Awards, New York)
- 2008- Best Gospel Video (Nigeria Music Video Awards)
- 2010- God Zone Awards for Excellence in Entertainment (God ZONE Awards)
- 2011- He won “Best Music Video Producer”(Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2012-He received an award for “Positive Impact Awards” ( Inside Out Media Awards)
- 2012- He won the title “Grass root Ambassador” of The Year( Real Soccerfest and CAN)
- 2013- He received the award for “Album of the Year ( The Statement)” at the Crystal Awards, Nigeria.
SAMMIE OKPOSO PERSONAL LIFE
Sammie Okposo revealed how he lived a wayward life as a youth and how he moved with the wrong set of people who later turned out to be high way robbers. This was the turning point in his life “I switched on the TV one day only to discover that Law enforcement Agents caught up with some of them and they were dead. It made me ask myself, what if I had followed those guys, I would probably have been dead “.
He also revealed that at the time he went into music, his father was not happy with his decision because his Father wanted him to become an Accountant. He said that of all his achievements and the Awards he has received, his most significant was when his father looked at him and told her that he was proud of him before he died.
Sammie Okposo is married to Ozioma Okposo. His traditional marriage was on June 26, 2010, in Anambra State and his white wedding on July 1, 2010, in Lagos. They are blessed with a child which they named Alula Okposo.
SAMMIE OKPOSO NET WORTH
Sammie Okposo is an Ambassador for the giant telecommunications company Globacom. He has an estimated net worth of $750000.