Rita Dominic whose full name is Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Nwaturuocha is a popular Nollywood actress and was born on July 12, 1975, the youngest of four siblings. She is a member of the Royal Nwaturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area in IMO state. Her late father was a doctor and her mother a nurse. This article covers Rita Dominic biography, career, movies, net worth and more.
RITA DOMINIC BIOGRAPHY
She completed her primary school education in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, her secondary school education at Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State and her tertiary education at the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers state graduating with BA Honors degree in Theatre Arts in 1999.
RITA DOMINIC CAREER
Rita Dominic biography cannot be complete without a mention of her movie career. She had an interest in acting from a tender age and started performing as a child in school plays, and by the age of eight, she started to appear in children television shows in Imo state. Her passion for acting influenced her decision to study Theatre Arts at the University.
She starred in her first movie ‘A Time to Kill’ in 1998 which brought her to the limelight. In 2012, she co-produced the movie, ‘The Meeting,’ a romantic comedy film, where she played the role of ‘Clara Ikemba.’ The movie made sales worth over 25 million Naira and got six nominations at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards. She later revealed that she almost didn’t play the role of ‘Clara Ikemba’ in the movie because it was a very challenging role, she said ” I was producing for the first time. I didn’t know how to combine it to play with such a difficult role. But my business partner talked me into playing it, saying ‘this is the kind of roles you said you were looking to do.’ So I thought about it and went ahead and shot it successfully”.
RITA DOMINIC MOVIES
- The Meeting
- Finding Mercy
- Suru Lere
- White Waters
- Saidi’s Song
- Last Offence
- Legal War
- Dancing Heart
- The Next Election
- Mr & Mrs Chapter 2
- Runaway Prince
- One Room
- The Blindspot
- Sweet Tommorrow
- My First Wife
- Finding Mercy 2
- End of the Maidens
- The Maidens
- Love Story
- Only Love
- All I Have
- Money Never Sleeps
- I Quit
- The Guest
- More Than Gold
RITA DOMINIC AWARDS
- Most Outstanding Actress award in the City People Awards in 2004
- Best Actress award in the Kalasha Film Festival and Television Awards from the movie ‘Shattered’ in 2012.
- Best Actress in Leading Role in the 8th Africa Movie Academy Awards from the movie ‘Shattered’ in 2012.
- Best Actress in Lead Role in the Nollywood Movies Awards from the movies ‘The Meeting’ in 2013.
- Best Actress in Lead Role in the 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Award from the movie, ‘The Meeting.’
- Special Jury Mention Award in Africa International Film Festival in 2013
- Best Film Award at the Nollywood Week Paris Film Festival in 2014.
- Female producer of the year in the ELOYS Awards for the movie ‘The Meeting’ in 2013.
- Best Supporting Actress English Film in 2014 Best of Nollywood Awards for the movie, ‘The meeting.’
- Best Actress Lead Role in 2014 Golden Icons Academy Movie award for the movie, ‘Iyore.’
- Best Actress – Drama/TV Series in 2017 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
RITA DOMINIC LOVE LIFE
Rita Dominic is still a single lady. She revealed in an interview once that she could have married a long time ago, but things didn’t work out . She also divulged that dating in this social media era is a nightmare, but she has dated several times.
There were rumors once that Rita Dominic and Jim Iyke were in a romantic relationship, the Actor, Jim Iyke later revealed that in that time he was still getting used to his popularity and the time wasn’t right, and the actress wasn’t ready for a committed relationship also. When asked if they could come back together, later on, he said that their flame had died.
Rita Dominic is still hopeful that God will still send her the right man at the right time; “I believe that God is in Charge of my life and will present the right man to me at the right time”, she said, when asked what she likes in a relationship, she says “I love being totally drawn to someone and doing all those loving things couples do, but I am wary of liars and bullies”.
RITA DOMINIC ENDORSEMENTS
She has an endorsement deal with Keystone Bank, with a herbal beverage brand- Flat Tummy Tea. She also has an endorsement deal with Zaron Cosmetics and is the brand Ambassador for Canadian luxury hair brand- BK Unique Hairs.
RITA DOMINIC NET WORTH
Rita Dominic is currently one of the richest and highly influential actresses in Nigeria, and she is worth well over $3 million
We hope you enjoyed Rita Dominic Biography, Career, Net Worth, Movies, Awards, Endorsements and other facts about her. kindly share your thoughts i the comment section.