Niniola biography is about the life of a Nigerian singer and Songwriter who came to popularity after her participation in the Season 6 of Project Fame West Africa. Niniola developed her love for music through listening to her dad’s old music records, as her dad was also a music lover. She describes her style of music as an extraordinary blend of the Afro-beat and the House music to make the Afro-House. Her lyrics are mainly down in the Yoruba language which she explained generated from her deep love for the language.
She was born on the 15th of December 1986 in Lagos with the birth name, Niniola Apata. Niniola is originally from Ekiti State, Nigeria. She was raised in a polygamous family with a lot of siblings. Niniola attended Apata Memorial High School for both her primary and secondary school education; she later graduated with a Bachelor of Education degree in Biology from the University of Lagos.
During her growing days in secondary school, she participated in various activities and competitions due to her love for music. She also did a sort of request show where she would sing any song requested by her classmates. She was known for her clear vocals and tagged ‘the human radio.’ Her Role model in music is Dolly Parton, The Cranberries, Beyonce, Madonna, Celine Dion, and Angelique Kidjo.
Niniola Music Career – Niniola Biography
Niniola came into the limelight when came out as the 3rd runner-up in the famous MTN Project Fame, West Africa Season 6 in 2013. She performed alongside Kcee in his song ‘Limpopo’ during the competition and also performed her song ‘Itura’ produced by Cobhams Asuquo.
Niniola released her Official debut album which she titled ‘Ibadi’ on the 19th of March 2014. The hit single ‘Ibadi’ which was produced by Sarz peaked on many national music charts and got wide airplay. Her singles, ‘Ibadi’ and ‘Gbowode’ were used as the soundtrack for the Nigerian television series ‘Gidi up.’ She was also listed in the notjustOK’s 15 Artists to Watch in 2015.
Niniola has a way of moving out of her normal shy personality on stage and morphing into her fiery stage presence. She knows how to bring her audiences alive with her music.
Niniola other singles are Akara Oyibo, Soke, Shaba, J’ete, Jigi Jigi, start All Over, Maradona, Sicker, Magun, Saro, Oyin and many others. She describes her music style as Afro-House which is a combination of Afro beats and House music. Her music lyrics are mostly in her native language Yoruba. Niniola has revealed that she loves her culture and language which makes her songs beautiful.
Niniola worked with the award-winning Ugandan artiste, Eddy Kenzo in his hit song ‘Mbilo Mbilo’ which earned her an award for Best Collaboration at the 2016 AFRIMA Awards. She released another album on the 1st of November 2017 which she titled ‘This is Me.’ The album is a combination of many music genres like R&B and Afro beats.
The talented singer went on a media tour in South Africa in February 2018. She also performed in South Africa Music Carnival in March 2018. In July 2018, she collaborated with the internationally known DJ Snake to release a hit single titled ‘Maradona Riddim’ which was based on her other hit single ‘Maradona.’
Niniola is the first female Nigerian Artiste to cross 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify. She is with the Drum Roll Record Label.
Niniola Awards and Nominations – Niniola Biography
- Nominated by the Nigerian Entertainment Awards for the prize of Most Promising act to Watch
- Nominated for the Best Promising Female Artist of the Year by the Nigerian Achievers Awards
- Nominated by the Lagos Fashion Awards for the Most Fashionable Rising Star of the Year
- Received nominations from the Scream Awards for the Best New Act
- Received nomination by the City People Entertainment Awards for the Most Promising Act of the Year.
- Received nominations from the Afrima Awards for Best Female artiste in West Africa, Best Artiste/Duo/Group in African RnB & Soul and Songwriter of the Year in Africa
- Received an award by the Afrima Awards for the Best African Collaboration
- Nominations by the Nigerian Music Video Awards for the best RnB Video (Akara Oyibo)
- Nominations by the ELOY Awards for upcoming Female Music Artist
- Nominated for the Soundcity Music Video awards for the Best Collaboration and the Best New Artiste
- Nominated by the Top Naija Music Awards for the Artiste of the Year
- Nominated by the Nigerian Entertainment Awards for the Best Afropop Female artiste
- Received nominations by the AFRIMMA Awards for the position of ‘Best Newcomer”
- Received nominations by the City people Entertainment Awards for the Music Artiste of the year Female
- Won the award for the Nigerian Teens Choice awards for the position of Choice Female Vocalist of the Year
- Nominations from the Sound City MVP Awards for the Best Female MVP, Best POP and Listeners Choice
- Nominations from the Afrima awards for the Best Artiste African Electro
- Received Awards from the MAYA Awards for the Youth Artiste of the Year
- Received Awards from the GLAZIA Awards for the Glazia Persons of the Year
- Nominations from the Headies Awards for Best R&B/POP Albulm, Best Vocal Performance (Female) and Hip Hop World Revolution
- Nominated by the South African Music Awards for the Best African Artist Album
- Nominations for the Viewers Choice- Best New International act by BET Awards
- Nominated for the Best International Female Artist by the IARA Awards.
- Start All over
- Jigi Jigi
- Akara Oyibo
- Hold Me
- Always Here
Niniola Personal and Love Life – Niniola Biography
Niniola is currently in a relationship, although she has kept it hidden from the media. However, her sister is Teniola who is also a singer, here in Nigeria.
Niniola Net worth 2021
Niniola is a Nigerian musician and songwriter with an estimated net worth of $1.7 million.
Video of Niniola Maradona