Have you been admitted into any of the schools in New Zealand or you are just having a future plan on that? Which ever side your may belong, here are some vital things you may need to know before concluding on your plans to process New Zealand student visa.
First let’s check if Zealand student visa is applicable to you; many students could study in Zealand without needing to have the Zealand student visa. These sets of people belongs to either of these; Citizen of Zealand or Australia, those with a valid Australian permanent residence visa, those that have a New Zealand residence class visa, and those that have a current Australian resident return visa. If peradventure you don’t belong to any of these, then you will need to apply for New Zealand student visa to allow you access to the country for your study. But if your study program is not more than three months, you could study in New Zealand, by just using a temporary/visitor visa.
Application for Zealand Student Visa may be done online taking about 20 days to process or in person needing around 25 days to process. Both methods of application are similar and require almost the same documents which are listed below:
How To Obtain New Zealand Student Visa From Nigeria
Documentation Requirements For New Zealand Student Visa
- New Zealand Visa Application form
- Letter of acceptance from the institution in New Zealand
- Valid International passport with at least 3 months validity beyond your intended stay duration
- duly signed bio data form; this form includes your personal details, purpose of travel and confirmation number
- Two current color passport-size photographs on white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- Evidence of health’s insurance cover
- Evidence of travel insurance cover
- Police clearance certificate of good character
- Tax clearance certificate
- Certificate of eligibility
- Medical certificates
- Proof of no criminal record or pending legal issues
- Your academic documents like transcript, diplomas, degrees, or any other certificate you acquired from your school
- Proof of financial capabilities such as funds in convertible currency, traveler’s cheques, credits card, cheque book for a foreign currency account in order to access your capabilities in paying all that are needed for studies and all expenses during your stay.
- Proof of onward travel; showing that you can afford the cost of your leaving the country once your program elapse.
- Proof that you will be happy to return back to Nigeria after your study period
APPLICATION METHOD FOR NEW ZEALAND STUDENT VISA
Before going ahead to apply for a visa, you should note that there is no refund of cash for all expenses made during the period of the visa processing. Hence, ensure that you are with the right documents and follow the procedures rightly to reduce your risk of the visa not being approved.
- Via online, you can simply download the New Zealand student visa form online via immigration.govt/nz. Scan and upload all the required documents with the form and submit back online.
- Contact your local New Zealand Embassy or Consulate to get the application form in person. Fill the form carefully with the correct information. Don’t leave any question unattended to.
- Attach all the required documents and passports photograph with the application form.
- Submit to the New Zealand Embassy or Consular office in Nigeria.
- After a while, the candidate will get a response from the Embassy or Consular officer. The response could be positive or negative.
- You are advised to apply for the New Zealand student visa at least six weeks before your intended travel date.
Note that you will be recommended to pay for visa application fee irrespective of whatever means of application you choose. And the evidence of payment must be part of the documents to be submitted.