Depression is one of the prevalent diseases affecting people worldwide irrespective of their ages. This is a medical condition that if not handled early can result in a more critical health impairments like hypertension, paralysis, madness, death and lots more. Many have turned a drug addict as a means of treating depression. Chemical components “Medicines” can serve as a cure. But one thing is certain- no drug on earth is free from side effects. You can be treating depression and on the long run, attracting other sicknesses to your body. Treating with drugs can also drain your pocket gradually and eventually make you become bankrupt especially in this present economic condition of the country. This article is focused on natural remedies for depression.
To help you further on this, we came up with some conventional means of treating this problem without the usage of drugs. But before we get to that stage, it will be more profitable, exposing you to its common symptoms so that you can detect personally if you are suffering from such condition. It’s easier to find solution when a problem is already been identified. Read on as we unveil the its Symptoms, Causes and natural remedies for depression on this piece of article.
Symptoms of Depression
Depression can be characterized by the following features:
- Persistent sadness
- Low mood
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentration
- Lack of sleep even at night
- Low sex drive
- Poor appetite
- Loss of weight
- Disinterest in hobbies
- Feeling body pains
- Attempting suicide
- Feeling dejected and hopeless
- Thoughts of death, etc.
When you keep experiencing any of the above, then it might be time to trace it to a depression problem. The next great step you need to take is to find out the possible causes of this medical issue, so that you will not end up worsening your health or always having a repeated depression experience.
Causes of Depression
- Neurotransmitter imbalances
- Unresolved emotional problem
- Toxic mold
- Lack of sunlight
- Food allergies
- Nutrition deficiencies
- Toxicity from metals
- Hormonal imbalances
- Lack of money
- Bad incidents
- Discontent and so many other factors
Identify the exact factor that prompt your depression state and try avoiding it next time. The good news here is that we have good solutions for treating depression naturally irrespective of the causes. Just relax and choose from any of the below remedies you find more easy and suitable for you.
Best Natural Remedies For Depression
- Good Dieting: don’t just eat to fill up the stomach! Eat healthy and well balanced diet that supports your neurotransmitters-brain’s messenger responsible for your mood, energy level and appetite. To treat depression, eat foods that contains the following:
- Omega-3 acids like fishes, walnuts, Chia seeds, Natto, Flaxseeds and Egg yolks.
- Lots of fruits and vegetables daily
iii. Healthy fats- avocados, coconut oil, grass-feed butter, extra virgin olive oil.
- Lean Protein-organic chicken, black beans, yogurt, grass-feed beef, raw cheese.
- Probiotic Foods-kefir, Miso, Kombucha, Fermented vegetables
- Vitamin D3 food supplement
vii. Essentials Oils- Lavender oil
- Spend Time Outdoors: Being outdoors is one of the natural remedies for depression. Even if you are an indoor person, try your best to learn this new habit of spending some time outside your room. Sun exposure gives the body vitamin D which can help to prevent or reduce symptoms of depression. Take a walk to view some natural elements like the sky, sea, etc.
- Exercise: this boost up energy, increase confidence level, enhances a better sleep, relief stress, and promotes feelings of happiness thereby treating depression. Exercises are natural remedies for depression.
- Positive Lifestyles: build healthy relationships, avoid alcohols, have a good purpose, focus on your spirituality, have a good self worth, staying in an environment that increases your confidence level, find friends that can support and encourage you.
- Support Groups: these groups roles are to provide education on depression, a community of support and give an avenue for you to learn from people dealing with similar issues. You can also get help by looking for group that shares your interests like dancing, playing match/games, book club, yoga etc.
These natural remedies for depression will be more effective when you have already realized the underlying causes of your condition and make efforts in correcting them. It’s preferable preventing it from occurring than looking for ways to get rid of it.