This is the biography of Marie Osmond, an American singer, actress and author. You’ll find on This page, Marie Osmond biography, age, marriage, children, career highlights and net worth. This article also covers various aspects of the Hollywood star’s life such as her three different marriages, educational history, careers as an author and entertainer, and many other interesting information you may need to know about Marie Osmond.
Also check out the following biographies:
- Lori Lightfoot Biography
- Rachel Campos Duffy Biography
- Gene Watson Biography
- NAS Biography
- Linda Ronstadt Biography
Marie Osmond (born Olive Marie Osmond) is an American singer, author, actress, talk show host philanthropist and part of the show business family, The Osmonds.
She attained success in the 1970’s and 1980’s recording country music. She’s best known for remaking the popular country ballad paper roses. Together with Donny Osmond her singer brother, she hosted a TV variety show Donny & Marie from 1976 to 1979.
Marie Osmond who is the eight of nine children was born in Ogden, Utah, to Olive May and George Virl Osmond. Her other siblings who happen to be all males include Jay Osmond, Jimmy Osmond, Donny Osmond, Tom Osmond, Merrill Osmond, Wayne Osmond, Alan Osmond and Virl Osmond. Her brothers started a career in show business from an early age, doing songs and performing on national TV.
Marie Osmond Career — Marie Osmond Biography
Marie Osmond is a singer, actress and author. She has played many roles in films, released amazing records and has also published many of her own books.
Marie Osmond was persuaded in the 1970’s to record an album and start doing music like her other brothers. She agreed and signed with MGM/Kolob Records which was the family’s record label. She began appearing in concerts with her brothers. Her brothers, at that time were performing contemporary pop music while her own style was directed towards country music.
As a solo artist, Marie Osmond released her first single, titled Paper Roses in 1973. The song became a No. 1 country hit, attained Top 5 on the Pop chart of the Billboard magazine, and achieved massive success. In 1973, she released her second single and has continued to make music up to 2019.
Marie Osmond has released the following songs and albums —
- Paper Roses
- Deep Purple
- There’s No Stoppin’ Your Heart
- Read My Lips
- Soul and Inspiration
- A Little Bit Country, a Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll
- In My Little Corner of the World
- Everybody’s Crazy ‘Bout My Baby
- I Only Wanted You
- Until I Fall in Love Again
- It Takes Two
- Baby You’re Crazy
- I’ll Be Faithful to You
- Take Me Back Again
- Like a Hurricane
- May Tomorrow Be a Perfect Day
- Then There’s You
- A” My Name Is Alice
- Give Me a Good Song
- Living on My Suspicion
- True Love Lasts Forever
- A Beautiful Life
- Least of All You
- Lonely as the Night Is Long
- Everything Good Reminds Me Of You
- Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing
- My Home Town Boy
- Please Tell Him That I Said Hello
- Winning Combination
- Baby, I’m Sold on You
- You’re My Superman
- One of These Days
- 2016: Music Is Medicine
- 2010: I Can Do This
- 1989: Steppin’ Stone
- 1988: All in Love
- 1986: I Only Wanted You
- 1985: There’s No Stopping Your Heart
- 1977: This is the Way That I Feel
- 1975: Who’s Sorry Now
- 1974: In My Little Corner of the World
- 1973: Paper Roses
Through her daytime talk show in 2019, Marie has said that her eleventh solo album will be released in 2020.
Movies and Shows
As a professional actress, Marie Osmond has stared in films, movies and TV shows. The following are the movies, shows and films she has appeared in:
- Hugo the Hippo
- Singing Voice
- Donny & Marie Osmond 1976 Christmas Show
- Donny & Marie (1976 TV series)
- Donny & Marie Osmond 1977 Christmas Show
- Goin’ Coconuts
- The Gift of Love
- Donny & Marie 1978 Christmas Show
- Donny & Marie 1979 Christmas Special
- Marie (1980 TV series)
- The Osmond Family Christmas Special
- The Osmond Family Holiday Special
- Side by Side: The True Story of the Osmond Family
- The Love Boat
- I Married Wyatt Earp
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- Velveteen Rabbit / Fairy Princess (voice)
- Rose Petal Place
- Rose Petal Place: Real Friends
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- Marie Osmond’s Merry Christmas
- Maybe This Time
- Almost Perfect
- Buster & Chauncey’s Silent Night
- Donny & Marie (1998 TV series)
- Diagnosis: Murder
- O’ Christmas Tree
- Movie Stars
- Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 5)
- Ladies and Gentlemen… Marie Osmond
- Marie (talk show)
Marie Osmond is the author/co-author of the following books:
- Behind the Smile: My Journey Out; the book discusses her struggles with postpartum depression.
- Might As Well Laugh About It Now; The book focuses on the milestones and missteps in Osmond’s life.
- Marie Osmond’s Heartfelt Giving: Sew and Quilt for Family and Friends; a step-by-step instructions for more than 20 projects, all designed by Osmond.
- The Key Is Love: My Mother’s Wisdom, A Daughter’s Gratitude; It focuses on the values of her mother.
Also check out:
Marriage, Husband and Children — Marie Osmond Biography
Marie Osmond has been married three times; once to Brian Blosil, twice to Stephen Craig.
She had her first marriage in 1982 when she got married to Stephen Lyle Craig. The couple split after three years, and Marie got married to her second husband Brian Blosil in 1986. In 2007, Marie Osmond divorced Brian Blosil after being married for twenty one years.
In 2011, Marie Osmond tied the knot with Stephen Craig for the second time in Las Vegas. The reception took place at their home in Nevada.
Marie Osmond has a total of eight children, although only three are biological.
She had a son in 1983 with Stephen Craig, and another son and daughter with Brian Blosil. She has five adopted children.
Marie Osmond Age — Marie Osmond Biography
Marie Osmond was born on the 13th of October 1959.
Marie Osmond Net Worth — Marie Osmond Biography
Her estimated net worth is $24,000,000 (twenty four million US dollars). She gained this amount of wealth from her successful career as a singer, actress and author.
All the important information and facts regarding Marie Osmond biography, age, marriage, husband, family, children, career highlights, books and net worth have been provided in this article. This page will be updated regularly with the latest details and happenings in the American singer, actress and author’s life, family and career.
If you agree that the article was great and you really enjoyed it, you should consider sharing it to others too. You can share this post across all social media platforms by clicking on the social media buttons below.
We love your comments and contributions! Kindly leave some in the comments section below.