Leonardo Dicaprio Net Worth, Biography, Career, Movies, Awards and other essential information about the famous Nollywood star has been fully covered in this article.
Who is Leonardo Dicaprio?
- Leonardo DiCaprio is an American actor, probably most notable for his role in the 1997 epic romance film Titanic.
- He is also a film producer and environmentalist, and notable for playing unconventional roles quite often.
- He has been placed 8 times in the annual rankings of the highest-paid actors in the world.
- As of the year 2019, his films have gained $7,200,000,000 worldwide.
- Among his accolades are three Golden Globe Awards and an Academy Award.
- Johnny Depp Net Worth, Movies, Awards and Honours
- Marilyn Milan Net Worth, Bio, and Career highlights
- Gillian Turner Biography, Net Worth, and other important information
- Lacey Evans Net Worth, Biography, Career and More
Leonardo Dicaprio Biography
Leonardo DiCaprio (Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio) was born in Los Angeles California, United States on November 11, 1974. His parents were George and Irmelin DiCaprio. George his father is of German and Italian decent.
Leonardo Dicaprio Career
Leonardo DiCaprio began acting regularly on TV in the early 1990s. His first role was in the pilot of the 1990 film The Outsiders, and an episode of Santa Barbara, a soap opera, in which he portrayed the young Mason Capwell.
He got a break that same year when he was cast to play a role in Parenthood, a series based on a comedy film of the same name. His work that year earned him two nominations at the 12th Youth in Film Awards.
In 1997, Leonardo DiCaprio rejected the offer to do the film Boogie Nights in order to star in James Cameron’s Titanic alongside Kate Winslet, as members of different social stratification who fall in love aboard the RMS Titanic during its ìll-fated maiden voyage. Initially in doubts about being capable of playing the role, the young DiCaprio was eventually encouraged to go on with the part by James Cameron, who strongly believed in his ability to act. With a budget of more than $200 million, the Titanic was the most expensive film ever made. A replica of the RMS Titanic was created at Rosarito Beach where the film was shot. The film went ahead to become the highest-grossing film till the point it was produced, eventually grossing above $2.1 billion in box-office receipts across the world. Young Leo was instantly transformed into a superstar, resulting in adoration among young women and teenage girls.
The film Titanic won 11 Academy Awards—the most for any film— but Leonardo DiCaprio failed to gain a nomination.
Leonardo DiCaprio went into film production in 2004 with the founding of Appian Way Records which would become his own production company. His first task in production was as an executive producer in The Assassination of Richard Nixon. In 2004 he co-produced The Aviator under Appian Way. The film The Aviator went on to attain critical and financial success.
He was an executive producer on Virunga, a 2014 British documentary film about 4 people battling to protect the last mountain gorillas in the world from war and poaching.
In 2015, he produced and played fur trapper in the drama The Revenant a film which he has described as his most difficult.
Leonardo DiCaprio is also an environmentalist. He is identified to be one of the most active celebs in the climate change movement. He is reported to have claimed that he is agnostic, and that the environment is more important to him than spirituality. In 1998, he established the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation. It is a a non-profit organization which is devoted to promoting environmental awareness. The foundation focuses on preserving Earth’s biodiversity, global warming and supporting renewable energy. It has worked on various projects in more than 40 different countries and has produced two web documentaries – Global Warning and Water Planet.
Leonardo Dicaprio Top Movies
The Hollywood star has acted many movies and taken up roles in several television series. Below is a list of Leonardo DiCaprio’s top movies of all time.
- This Boy’s Life
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
- The Quick and the Dead
- The Basketball Diaries
- Total Eclipse
- Romeo + Juliet
- Marvin’s Room
- The Man in the Iron Mask
- The Beach
- Catch Me If You Can
- Gangs of New York
- The Aviator
- The Departed
- Blood Diamond
- The 11th Hour
- Leila Conners Petersen
- Body of Lies
- Revolutionary Road
- Shutter Island
- J. Edgar
- Django Unchained
- The Great Gatsby
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- The Audition
- The Revenant
- Before the Flood
- Ice on Fire
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Killers of The Flower Moon
Leonardo Dicaprio Awards
Out of 165 award nominations, Leonardo DiCaprio has won 54. He has won the following awards:
- AACTA Awards – 2
- Academy Awards – 1
- Alliance of Women Film Journalists – 1
- Austin Film Critics Association – 1
- Berlin International Film Festival – 1
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards – 2
- Boston Society of Film Critics – 3
- British Academy Film Awards – 1
- Chicago Film Critics Association Award – 2
- Critic’s Choice Movie Awards – 2
- Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association – 1
- Dorian Awards – 1
- Dublin Film Critics’ Circle – 1
- Golden Globe Awards – 3
- Golden Raspberry Awards – 1
- Hollywood Film Awards – 1
- Irish Film & Television Academy – 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association – 1
- MTV Movie Awards – 4
- National Board of Review – 4
- National Society of Film Critics – 1
- New York Film Critics Circle – 1
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards – 1
- Palm Springs International Film Festival – 1
- People’s Choice Awards – 1
- Rembrandt Award – 1
- San Diego Film Critics Society – 1
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival – 2
- Satellite Awards – 3
- Scream Awards – 1
- Screen Actors Guild Awards – 1
- St. Louis Film Critics Association – 1
- Teen Choice Awards – 3
- Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association – 1
Marriage and Children
There’s currently no news on any marriage relating to Leonardo DiCaprio, neither is there news of any children either. As it stands, the Hollywood star is unmarried. However, he is very notorious to have had relationships with models. The list of models he has dated bears the names of Toni Garrn, Erin Heatherton, Bar Rafaeli, Emma Milla, Kristen Zang, and actress Blake Lively.
He is currently having a relationship with Camila Morrone, a model who is 23 years younger than the Titanic starman.
Leonardo DiCaprio Net Worth
Leonardo DiCaprio net worth is estimated at about $250,000,000.
His success with the 1997 film Titanic allowed him to command $20 million for the 2000 film The Beach. He was paid $10 million for Gang’s of New York, and then $20 million a piece for The Aviator, Catch Me If You Can, The Departed and Blood Diamond. Between 1995 and 2019, he earned around $300 million in box office salary and bonuses.
Apart from spending his money on charity, Leonardo spends his money luxuriously on cars, houses and an expensive lifestyle. In 2014, he bought a palm spring home which was usually rented out for $4,500 per night, for around a sum of $5.2 million. He owns a private island – the Black Adore Cay – which is worth around $1.8 million. His carbon beach house is estimated to worth $6 million while his home on Hollywood hills worth $4 million. He owns Riverhouse apartments that are worth more than $7 million and also a Malibu mansion estimated to worth $3.8 million.
Among his fleet of exotic cars are a Tesla Roadster ($120,000), a Fisker Karma Hybrid (95,000), a Toyota Prius ($25,000), and several others.