Ireti Doyle maiden name Iretiola Olusola Ayinke is a film actress, scriptwriter, producer and an award-winning television presenter. This article is on Ireti Doyle biography and other interesting facts about the star actress.
IRETI DOYLE BIOGRAPHY
Ireti Doyle, born on the 3rd of May 1967 in Lagos state formerly Ondo region but she spent her first years with her family in the Boston United States.
She returned to Nigeria and attended Christ’s School Ado Ekiti, for her secondary education and graduated with a degree in Theatre Arts and a diploma in Mass Communication from the University of Jos.
IRETI DOYLE CAREER – IRETI DOYLE BIOGRAPHY
Ireti Doyle remains one of the most phenomenal actresses with well over two decades of experience. For about ten years she has produced and presented her tv show Oge with Iretiola. She has also worked as an anchor in many tv shows such as Morning Ride with Silver Bird Television and Nimasa This Week on Channels TV. She began her career in 1995 in a TV series at the time “Riddle and Hopes”. She has also featured in many different Nollywood movies and Tv series such as
- Across the Nigeria
- The therapist
- The wedding party
- For colored girls
- Gidi up
In 2016 she starred in one of the most popular and award-winning movies “The Wedding Party” as well as its part two in 2017.
Ireti Doyle is not just an actress but a creative writer and has written many screenplays including the screenwriter of the famous movie “Tempest” produced by Amaka Igwe. She is also an enthusiastic commentator who has written for popular columns like City People magazine, Thisday newspaper and Saturday Vanguard.
IRETI DOYLE AWARDS – IRETI DOYLE BIOGRAPHY
Ireti Doyle has received many outstanding awards as an actress and screenwriter.
- She was nominated best actress at the Real Awards in 1998 with regards to her role in a movie “All About ”
- She has accomplished best actress in a supporting role category twice in the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2007 and 2009 for her roles in “Sitanda” and “Across the Niger” respectively.
- In 2013, she won the award best actress in a leading role for the Gama Awards in Houston Texas in the United States.
- In 2014, she accomplished the best actress in a leading role at the Nollywood Movie Awards for her role as “Ovo” the psychological movie thriller movie “Torn.”
- In 2015, she also won best supporting actress for her role in Torn at the Africa Viewers Choices Awards.
- In 2016, she was nominated for best actress in a leading role at the 2016 Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role as Elizabeth in 2015, Ebony Life blockbuster movie “Fifty.”
Her most accomplished film the wedding party is the highest viewed Nigeria film in Nigeria cinema history. This film was also screened at 2016, Toronto International Film Festival.
Her most recent stage credits include the Monologues Olorunbi the musical and Hear Word and The Wives.
Fondly described as the actors acting she is regarded as one of the most creative and talented actresses in the Nigeria film industry.
IRETIOLA DOYLE FAMILY – IRETI DOYLE BIOGRAPHY
She is married to Patrick Doyle, and the union is blessed with six children.
IRETI DOYLE NET WORTH
Ireti Doyle is regarded as one of the richest and most influential actresses in Nigeria. Her net worth is estimated $2 million