IRELAND STUDENT VISA is a visa meant for those who are not citizens of that country but wish to study there. For such students, you should note that two types of Ireland student visa exist. We have the C Study Visa which is for studying and staying in Ireland for not more than 90 days and the type known as D Study Visa which is for studying in Ireland above 90 days.
How To Obtain Ireland Student Visa From Nigeria
Documentation Requirements for Ireland Student Visa
- Completed Ireland Student Visa Application form
- Letter of application addressed to the Irish Embassy in Nigeria
- Letter of acceptance from the institution in Ireland
- Valid International passport with at least 6 months validity beyond your intended stay duration and a minimum of two blank passport pages.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
- duly signed bio data form; this form includes your personal details, purpose of travel and confirmation number
- one current color passport photograph of 2 X2 inches on white background, endorsed at the back
- Travel itinerary
- Payment evidence for your tuition fee.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- Letter of explanation; stating the reasons and duration of your travel.
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- An affidavit showing that you will be law abiding during your stay in Ireland.
- Evidence of health’s insurance cover
- Evidence of travel insurance cover
- Nigeria Police clearance certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
- Certificate of eligibility
- Proof of accommodation in Ireland or letter from the school stating that they will provide you with accommodation.
- Medical certificates covering HIV test of not more than three months.
- Proof of no criminal record or pending legal issues
- Your academic documents like transcript, diplomas, degrees, or any other certificate you acquired from your school
- Statement of your bank account duly signed by the Bank Authority
- Proof of onward travel; showing that you can afford the cost of your leaving the country once your program elapse.
- Proof that you will be happy to return back to Nigeria after your study period
Applicants under 18 years will be required to come along with both the original and photocopy of birth certificate. Also needed is a letter of consent from parents.
APPLICATION METHOD FOR IRELAND STUDENT VISA
Having equipped yourself with the basic requirements, you are now good to go for the visa application.
- Obtain your Ireland Student Visa application form online via ireland.travisa.com
- Fill the form carefully with correct information. Don’t leave any question unattended to.
- Arrange all the required documents and passports photograph with the application form.
- Pay a visa application processing fee
- Submit to the VFS Global (the agency assigned to collect visa application on behalf of the Ireland Embassy.
- Give a minimum of 20 days for the Ireland Embassy Officer to verify and review your documents.
- Next, you will get a response for your visa interview
- Attend the visa interview as appointed
- Once you pass the visa application interview, the final stage will be issuing of the visa which you shall be contacted upon.
- The Ireland Embassy Officer may use his discretion to ask for additional documents or information. You may also be denied an Ireland student visa even if all your documents are complete without having a refund of the visa fee.
- Documents submitted to VFS Global must be originals and photocopies of each. After your visa application, the original documents will be sent back to you through UPS courier service Visa processing duration may be up to three months.
VFS Global Contact Address:
38, Lobito Crescent,
Admiral Ayinla Way,
Lekki Phase 1,