Many people sincerely don’t understand what typhoid fever is all about. But as the saying goes “Ignorance is an excuse or a justification for your freedom” meaning that typhoid attack has restriction to those that don’t know about it. This article has much to offer in regards to typhoid disease as we will be taking you gradually to the vital details you need to know about it ranging from symptoms, causes, prevention and possible treatments plans available. This article is about home remedies for typhoid fever.
First, we are going to tell you what the word “typhoid” entails. Typhoid is a bacterial infection-a deadly disease which affects people worldwide when the right measures are not taken.
Now that you have clearly understood what typhoid is all about, we will be moving to the next stage of exposing you to simple ways you can use in detecting when one is having a typhoid fever.
Symptoms of Typhoid Fever
- High body temperature
- Abdominal pain
- Acute diarrhea
- Loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rashes
You might be wondering and asking yourself these “how come am having this deadly sickness? What exactly did I do wrong? Well, as a way of answering your heart felt questions, we outlined some possible factors that triggers typhoid infection.
Causes of Typhoid Fever
This deadly disease is caused by a bacterium known as Salmonella typhi. Humans come in contact with the bacteria through some of our activities and ways of life as stated below:
- Contaminated food
- Drinking unclean water
- Poor sanitation
- Eating with unclean hands
- Improper cooking of food
Knowing what causes typhoid is fair, but fairer when you know the solutions to your problem. And this brings us to the next stage of bringing you to the knowledge of curing typhoid fever. But we are not going to be using your normal pharmaceutical drugs you must have heard. Below are top natural and home remedies for typhoid fever;
Effective Natural And Home Remedies For Typhoid Fever
- Cloves: this herb has an essential oil that contains powerful antibacterial properties which helps in killing the typhoid causative bacteria. Boil 5 cloves bud in 8 cups of water, keep boiling until the solution is half the initial level. Cover properly, allow it to cool, strain the solution and drink three times daily for a week.
- Bananas: suitable fiber known as pectin and potassium is contained in bananas. Bananas are good as home remedies for Typhoid Fever. This makes it ideal in treatment of typhoid- stopping diarrhea and supporting the absorption of liquids in the intestines. Make it a daily habit of consuming at least 2-3 bananas daily.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: this is effective in typhoid home remedy-the acidic content energizes and reduces body temperature by drawing out the heat of the skin. It can also replenish the body of any lost minerals through diarrhea. You can take this by adding half teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. You can also add honey to taste. Then stir thoroughly and consume the product before any meal of the day.
- Cranberries: this fruit has anti-parasitic property and boost the immune system. Hence, making the typhoid bacteria not to survive in the body. Extract cranberries juice with a blender and consume it.
CAUTION: cranberries are not to be taken by pregnant women.
- Good dieting: a balanced meal work wonders to the body in general. Good dieting is effective as home remedies for Typhoid Fever. A highly nutritious food increases the body immune system, eliminates weakness and helps the body to maintain fluid balance. This you can do by increasing the intake of calories, eating protein rich foods for recovering, consuming foods rich in carbohydrate for energy and drinking enough water for minerals replenishment.
- Basil Leaves and Black pepper: the mixture of these produces an antibacterial product which makes it very effective in curing typhoid. Black pepper also acts as an anti-cancer. Extract the basil leaf juice to fill a tablespoon of it, and black pepper to form a paste. Consume it three times a day.
- Echinacea: this herb has the abilities of enhancing the body’s immunity, strengthening the entire body’s tissue and wipe off typhoid fever. Use either the herb root or its powder from the dried blended flower. Measure a teaspoon of it and boil with a glass of water for 10 minutes. Allow to cool, filter and drink 3 times daily.
- Liquid Iodine: this has powerful anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial and alkalizing properties making it helpful in treating diarrhea, stomach disorder and typhoid. Add four drops of this liquid iodine to a glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach. Do this twice daily making it a total of 8 drops of liquid iodine daily for adult dosage.
- Egg Whites: using egg whites is very fast in relieving typhoid fever. This is probably one of the easiest natural remedies for typhoid. Just put some egg whites in two separate plates and soak your legs differently in it. Within 30 minutes of this action, you will notice a great change in your body.
- Use of colloidal silver: this remedy works faster and better than most pharmaceutical prescribed typhoid drugs. Its anti bacterial in nature hence no typhoid causative bacterial can survive in its present. Add one teaspoon of colloidal silver to a glass of filtered water stir and drink. Take five times daily before eating.
Before we call it a day, it will be best we let you know the hard truth- waiting to fall sick and looking for ways to solve the problem is really not wise enough. So derive conscious efforts in avoiding all the possible causes as outlined earlier on this post and if inevitable try out some of the home remedies for typhoid fever.