Tomatoes are round like nutritious vegetable fruit. The ripe ones usually come in red-like color while the unripe are greenish. It is used as a major or minor constituent in many dishes such as pizzas, cocktails, snacks, sandwiches, stew, soup, etc. Our emphasis on this topic today will be based on the importance of it on our hair and skin health. So sit back and enjoy the health benefits of tomatoes.
Health Benefits of Tomatoes for Hair and Skin
- Makes the skin shiny: for a brightened and good skin tone, consider using tomatoes often. Its vitamin C constituents can make your face looking so radiant.
- Use for treating Suntan: this skin defect results from prolonged exposure of skin to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Tomatoes protect the skin from oxidative damage, fight against the body’s free radicals and reduce the risk of skin cancer. This is possible from the antioxidants content like Vitamin C and Lycopene present in this fruit.
- Use for Acne treatment: acne is one of the major skin diseases affecting great numbers of the world population. The sickness is caused by the clogging on the skin pores due to pollutants, dirt, impurities, poor hygiene, cream effect, etc. Regular intake and typical application help to alleviate this problem because tomatoes have great abilities in wiping off toxins and all forms of impurities from the system.
- Shrinks large skin pores: tomato is astringent in nature-effective in tightening the skin by shrinking the large skin pores. Large open skin pores is very detrimental to our health. It prompts many skin infections like the pimples, acne, blemishes, etc to emerge. To treat large skin pores, first rinse your face with clean water. Then add few drops of lemon juice and a tablespoon tomato juice together in a bowl. Apply the mixture to your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes before rinsing the face with clean water.
- Skin exfoliation: It serves as a natural exfoliating agent and capable of removing dry and dead skin cells. To do this; cut a fresh tomatoes into half. Then sprinkle some grounded sugar to one of the tomatoes paste. Use it to rub the face in a circular movement, leave it to air dry for 20 minutes and finally rinse with clean water.
- Reduces aging: Reducing ageing is one of the health benefits of tomatoes. Regular consumption of tomatoes makes one look at least 5 years younger than the normal age. The antioxidants components of this fruit are very effective in keeping away aging signs of the body early stage of life.
- Prevent premature graying of hair: Vitamin C and Lycopene present in tomatoes makes hair and scalp healthy. Regular intake particularly prevents hair from being weak and from premature graying of hair. To do this, you can topically apply fresh tomatoes to the hair scalp at regular basis apart from the oral usage.
- Boost hair growth: tomatoes provide nourishment and prevent oxidative stress from scalp and hair with its vitamin and minerals contents. Hence, promotes hair growth than the usual rate.
- Prevents hair dryness: tomatoes can be used to moisturize the hair because it contains about 95 percent of water. If you feel your hair is too dry, you can give it good water by using tomatoes.
- Makes hair strong and shiny: tomatoes contain excessive quantity of vitamin A. this wonderful vitamin makes hair black, long, strong from the roots and very shiny.
There shouldn’t be any excuse of not adding tomatoes to your menu daily because it has no restriction in how to take it. You can may eat it raw, drink the juice, sliced to your food, add to smoothies or even add it to salads. Just go with any of the consumption means you find more appealing and enjoy the health benefits of tomatoes.