Ginger root, the awesome twin of Tumeric and an amazing addition as spice to your food. Its botanical name is Zingiber Offinale and is so full of health benefits for the body and mind, do read on to learn so much more.
Benefits of Ginger
There are many different benefits that can be derived from eating ginger directly, as a supplement or even as an addition to food substances and so much more.
- Ginger anti-inflammatory compound called gingerols is effective in reducing joint inflammation, reducing pains caused by Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ginger improves the immune system, it is the known as one of the oldest cures for cold, nausea and flu. It contains antiviral and anti-fungal properties that keep the bacteria that causes cold away and ensures that it does not return, it cures sore throat and congestion. Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which prevents chills and fever.
- Ginger can help with pain reduction. It can reduce muscle pains caused by intense physical activities. Ginger is known to reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea which is the severe pain that is experienced by some women during their menstrual cycle.
- Ginger has antioxidant enzyme that can compensate for the reduction of the body’s antioxidant levels caused by the body’s degeneration called oxidative stress which reduces the cognitive abilities. It acts as a cognitive enhancer.
- The anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory components in ginger like gingerols, shogaol, and paradol can help in the prevention of various types of cancers. So ginger has anticancer properties.
Ginger has an profound effect on high cholesterol, it helps significantly reduce serum and hepatic cholesterol. This make ginger helpful in inducing weight loss, it increases the body’s metabolism and stimulates circulation and excretion of the body’s toxins. It helps the body burn fat by doing this.
Ginger makes you feel satiated easily which in turn reduces food consumption, it acts as a natural appetite suppressant which is safe and do not cause rebound. It increases body’s temperature and boost metabolism. Ginger is good for overall digestive system – it aids the movement through your stomach, small and large intestines. Ginger is a beneficial addition to weight loss program and aid the reduction of belly fat.
Did you know that Ginger can be used to induce weight loss around the belly region, Yes, it does this and so much more. it has various recipes which can help in the reduction of belly fat, it can be incorporated to various meals or taken alone.
Recipes for using ginger root to reduce belly fat
#1: Ginger tea
Add grated ginger root to 250ml of rolling boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes, honey can be added for taste, drink warm. Powdered ginger root can also used. Also sliced ginger root in boiled water is also effective. This tea increases your metabolism level so burns fat.
#2: Ginger lemonade
Make ginger lemonade by combining grated ginger with lemon juice, sugarcane juice or honey and water.
#3: Ginger and lemon tea
Ginger can be combined with lemon juice. Add a piece of ginger root to a cup of boiling water and leave to simmer for few minutes then add lemon juice from half a lemon and stir. Drink this before taking any meals.
#4: Ginger in food
Adding fresh or dried ginger to stir-fry or in handling salads. Ginger can be combined to soy sauce, olive oil and garlic to make salad dressing.
#5: Ginger and green tea
Add a slice of ginger to boiling water and let it simmer for a few minutes; remove from heat, add green tea, and leave for 10 minutes, then drink. Enjoy twice daily
#6: Grape fruit and ginger juice
Squeeze out juice from four large grape fruit and combine with one teaspoon of ground ginger. Drink on an empty stomach in the morning.
Consuming ginger for a month or more than half of it should be just as enough, although some methods may require a bit longer. When you follow these recipes with a good diet and exercise daily, you are sure tremendous results.
You should note that: Pregnant or nursing mothers should not use ginger root unless under physician supervision.