Want to know what’s so special about September month? What is the spiritual meaning of September? Are September born beautiful? Want to see the importance of September, check out this article.
The fantastic September month begins the Journey into the Ember season. It is that time of the year when the fun and excitement is brewing deep within.
For some of us, it is that time of the year we begin worrying about how far we have come this year? Others, see it as merely a time to marvel, shout, and jump that the year is coming to an end. Without further ado, let’s talk about September.
Fun Fact about September month
- September is the night month of the year, and it comes from the Roman word “seven” which surprisingly in the Roman Calendar, September is the Seventh month
- September is also the first month of the Fall or Autumn Season
- In the Northern Hemisphere, September is similar to March in the Southern Hemisphere
- September is the start of a new academic year in countries like Nigeria in the Northern Hemisphere
- It is also the beginning of the ecclesiastical year in the Eastern Orthodox Church
- If you are in America, College and Professional Football will begin this month as well.
- Enjoy Teacher’s Holiday in India come 5th September
- The Anglo Saxons also call September month the Barley month (Gerst Monath). They harvest barley crops during this month.
History of September
September came from the ten months of the Roman Calendar. It was the seventh month of the year with March being the first month of the year.
After reforming the Calendar, January and February became of the first months while September became the night month. Originally, September had 29 days, and now it has 30 days.
When the British changed the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian calendar in 1752, they tried adjusting some days and seasons to align with the new calendar.
So the Ludi Romani which was earlier celebrated as September 12 – 14 was changed to September 5 -19. They took 11 days from the month of jumping directly from 3rd September to the 14th.
Now it’s as if the days between September 3 and 13 during 1752 never happened in British history.
Read more: GuiltyBeatz Biography
In Rome, September is also associated with fire because it is the month of the Roman god of fire and the forge, the Vulcan.
It is important to note that in the astrological calendar September is between the sixth month and seventh month which begins at the end of March/Mars/Aries
The Eternal September month
If you have no idea about the Usenet, then you should know that it is a worldwide network in the 90s where users submitted messages or notes on various subjects. Lots of new groups existed, and it was possible to form one quickly.
In September 1993, the Usenet saw the most massive influx of newbies into their newsgroup.
This was primarily because of the semi-permanent settlement of AOL users on the Usenet. After that day, newcomers continued outnumbering the existing population in those groups, which as continued up till date, it was seen as an eternal September.
Famous September month born
Lots of exciting personalities are born on September. Some of them include:
- Bill Murray
- Adam West
- Agatha Christie
- Colin Firth
- Leonard Cohen
- Michael Faraday
- Brigitte Bardot
- Amy Winehouse
- Freddie Mercury
- Greta garbo
- Ivan Pavlov
- Sophia Loren
- Stephen Kind
- T.S Elliot
- Bruce Springsteen
- Lance Armstrong
- Monia Bellucci
- Queen Elizabeth 1
- Upton Sinclair
- Richard Iv
In Nigeria, Nigerian celebrities and famous people on September month include;
- Basket Mouth (14th September 1978)
- 2face Idibia (18th September 1975)
- Ruggedman(20th September)
- Waje (1st September)
- Asa (17th September 1983)
- Shaydee ( 21tst September 1987)
- Cynthia Morgan ( 23th of September 1991)
- J Martins (29th September 1977)
- Jim Iyke (25th September 1976)
- Mike Ezuruonye (20th September 1982)
- King Sunny Ade ( 22th September 1946)
- David Oyedepo (27th September 1954)
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (15th September 1977)
- Rasheed Ladoja (25th September 1944)
- Joseph Yobo (6th September)
The birthstone of September is Sapphire. The Sapphire stone is known for its richness. You can find it in almost every color, including green, yellow, pink and blue. It symbolizes peacefulness, loyalty, trust, intuition, and clarity of thought.
September is also known for its three birth flowers, including the morning glory, forget-me-not, and Aster.
Don’t forget this: Ultimate guide to making money on Instagram
September 9/11 (11th September 2001)
11th September, the deadliest single terrorist attack in human history. Over 2,977 victims and 19 hijackers lost their lives in the worst blow to the United States.
Of the 2,977 people, 343 were firefighters while 71 were law enforcement officers. Over 6,000 people were injured and $10 billion lost in infrastructure.
Additional people reported respiratory disease and cancer within the following months. Before the bombing, the World Trade Center, which was built-in 1966, was the tallest building in the world.
Special September Month Holidays
There are lots of holidays in September. Do you know that the National Potato Month, National Chicken Month, National Piano Month, and National Biscuit Month are all celebrated in the United States this month?
September is also the national payroll week in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Australia will celebrate Father’s Day this month.
On 29th September, (Sunday) is celebrated as the Jewish Holiday of Rosh Hashanah
Here are some other month-long observances;
- Gynecologic Cancer Awareness month
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness month
- National Suicide Prevention Month
- Better Breakfast Month ( U.S)
September Month Special Holidays 2019
- Engineering Day (Egypt)
- Day of the Programmer
- White Balloon Day ( Australia)
- Conservation Week ( New Zealand)
- Maori Language Week ( New Zealand)
Other crazy holidays
- Kids Take over the Kitchen Day (13th September)
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day (19th September)
- National Punctuation Day (24th September)
- The National Happy Cat Month
- National Hug Your Hound Day (8th September)
Zodiac Signs for September
The zodiac signs for September Virgo (23rd August to 22nd September) and Libra (23rd September to 22nd October)
The Movie One-Day in September which is about the murder of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics is the only film with September in title to win an Oscar.
September is a fantastic month. Although it is the first month of the last quarter of the year and of course the Ember Season, there are certainly lots of goodies to come to us this month.
Read more: Big Fat Advice on Shopping
If you like this post, do help us share on your social media accounts. Don’t forget to send us a comment too, especially if you were born in September.