Fally Ipupa N’simba popularly known by his stage name as Fally Ipupa, is a Congolese songwriter, dancer, singer, philanthropist, producer, and guitarist. Since the year 1999 up to 2006, he has been a member of Quartier Latin International, a music band formed in 1986 by Koffi Olamide. His musical genres are Ndo mbolo, soukous, urumba and R & B.
FALLY IPUPA BIOGRAPHY
Fally Ipupa was born on the 14th of December, 1977 in Kinshasha in the Democratic Republic of Congo. He was raised in a large Christian family(Catholic family) and began singing in the choir at a very young age. By his early teenage years, he had attended various small groups in Kinshasha where he was known for his magnetic singing voice. By the mid-1990s he joined local singing groups such as “New City.”In the late 1990s, he joined the nationally recognized “Latent Talent” of which his first album was created.
FALLY IPUPA MUSIC CAREER – QUARTIER LATIN INTERNATIONAL
In the 1990s, he began his ascension to becoming a legend by joining the Quartier Latin International founded by Koffi Olamide. With this development, he Fally Ipupa, took over the reviews of managing voice and became the famous “Conductor of the Orchestra.”His composition “Eternelment” was also included in the Force de trapper album.
While with this band, he became famous not just as a conductor but also for his duets with Koffi Olamide such as the hit track “Effervescent” in 2001. It is no wonder that he won the love of many and got many nicknames from his audience such as “The Great One,” ”Anelka” and “Di Capino.”
As he grew within the orchestra, he began trying out solo hit tracks of which one of his famously acclaimed solo projects “Droit Chenin” emerged. By 2006, he quit the band but nonetheless continued to devote his time to the band. In 2006, Fally Ipupa had active participation in the planning of the 30th Anniversary of the band although he was no longer a part of the group at that time
INTRO THE SOLO CAREER
His album “Droit Chemin” was released in 2006. After this, he did much collaboration with famous musicians such as DJ Arafat, Papa Wemba, Mokobe, Ben J, Krys, Maddy Munan and many others. He became highly successful with albums such as Orgasy, Sopeka, and Liputa not just in Congo but also to other parts of Africa. His success was even more evident when he got a Gold record for selling more than 100,000 copies Arsenal de Belles Melodies “A2BM”.
After three years of the release of Droit Chemin (Straight path), he released a 16 track album titled “Arsenal De Belles Melodies.”(Arsenal of beautiful melodies) This album featured the American singer from 50 cents crew, Olivia Longott, on its lead single “Chaise Electrique.”It also featured Krys on another hit track “Sexy Dance.”He also won a gold record for this album as it sold more than 100,000 in one week.
His third album was launched in 2013 and titled “Power” Kosa Leka” it has 22 tracks and contains many hit tracks such as 1000% Mawa, Anissa, Skype, love assassin, double check, Kosa Leka, Hustler is back, service, terminator, Bruce sweet life and Ndoki.
In April 2013, Ipupa signed a contract for three albums (world version) with Universal (Label AZ) which is the largest recording company in the world. This was a huge break not just Ipupa but for Africa at large, meaning that African music culture has successfully grown across its borders and now has an impressive presence in the world in general. Fally Ipupa has also performed in the MTN Africa All Stars which featured renowned artists such as Snoop Lion(formerly known as Snoop Dogg), 2Face Idibia, Flavour, and many others. He has also participated in an all African agriculture project titled “Doc Agric” which sees to the development of agricultural practices in Africa. In 2014, Fally Ipupa released a beautiful hit track “Original” via his Facebook and YouTube channel. This song reached an impressive milestone of 1 million views within the first three months of viewing.
FALLY IPUPA ALBUMS AND SINGLES
- Droit Chemin (2006)
- Arsenal De Belles Melodies (2009)
- Power “Kosa Leka” (2013)
- Tokooos (2017)
- Sexy Dance
- Chaise Electrique
- Jeudi Soir
- Bad Boy
- French Kiss
FALLY IPUPA AWARDS
- Received gold record for “Droit Chemin” when it sold over 100,000 copies.
- Received an award for “ Male Artist of the Year” at the Two Black Music Awards
- Received an award for “Male Artist of the Year” in Côte d’Ivoire
- Award for “Best Soukous Entertainer” at the International Reggae and World Music Awards
- In 2008, he received an award for “Best Artist of Central Africa” at the Kora Awards
- In 2007 he received an award for the “Best Male Artist” at African Césaire
- In 2010, he received awards “Best Album,” “Best Video” and “Best Song” for at Ndule Awards 2010 DRC
- Awards for “Golden Microphone,” “Best Artist Central Africa” at the Soundcity Music Video Awards (SMVA 2010)
- Got the Award for “ Best Francophone Artist” and “Best Music Video” at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- Received Nomination for MTV Europe Music Awards 2011
- Received Nomination for BET Awards 2011 [Best International]
- Got the Award for “Best African Artist” in the first edition of Trace Urban Music Awards in 2013.
- Received award at the All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA for “Best Male Artist In Central Africa” 2014.
- Received Nominations for BET Awards 2015 [Best International]
- Award for “ Best French Artist” and “ Best video” at the Afrimma Awards, Dallas
- Received Nominations at the BET Awards 2018 [Best International
FALLY IPUPA NET WORTH
He has an estimated net worth of about $ 17 million.