David Jeremiah Biography
David Jeremiah was born to James T. Jeremiah and Ruby Jeremiah on February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio. His father, James, is a former president of Cedarville University and also a pastor of Baptist church.
In 1963, Jeremiah obtained a bachelor’s degree from Cedarville University, and later on a master’s degree from Dallas Theological Seminary in 1967. In 1981, he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree in Divinity by Cedarville University.
Jeremiah replaced Tim LaHaye as the senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church (formally Scott Memorial Baptist Church) in 1981 and his leadership led to an affiliate of the church with the Southern Baptist Convention.
In 1982, pastor David Jeremiah founded his own church known as Turning Point Ministries, as well as a 30-minute radio program, Turning Point, where all his sermons are aired.
David Jeremiah’s radio program, Turning Point can be heard online, and all over the world on more than 2000 stations.
In 2000 a TV program was developed for Jeremiah’s Turning Point Ministries. The program features half-an-hour Bible study and one hour of worship music and preaching. The TV program is said to reach an estimated total of 2.7 billion homes worldwide.
Currently, David Jeremiah serves on the evangelical advisory board of President Donald Trump.
David Jeremiah Age
David Jeremiah Wife
He married Donna Thompson Jeremiah in 1963.
David Jeremiah Children | David Jeremiah Biography
David Jeremiah has four children with his legally married wife Donna Jeremiah. Their names are Daniel Jeremiah, David Michael, Jennifer Jeremiah and Jan Jeremiah.
David Jeremiah Net worth
His net worth is estimated to be around $25 million. This he made from selling books he authored and co-authored, and also through serving on the advisory board of President Donald Trump.
David Jeremiah Health Issues
Jeremiah was diagnosed with lymphoma twice, once in 1994 and later on in 1998. He underwent a surgery in 1999 to remove a nodule from his neck, and also underwent a therapy of stem cell transplant.
David Jeremiah Awards
Through his radio program and books, Jeremiah has won many awards which includes:
- 1998 Gold Medallion Award for Best Christian Living Book, 1998.
- Gold Medallion Award for Best Inspirational Book, 2003.
- The National Religious Broadcasters award for Best Radio Teaching Program, 2006.
David Jeremiah Books
David Jeremiah as well as being a pastor and the founder of turning point ministries, is the author of many award-winning books which centers mainly on morality and christian theology. The following is a list of the books he has authored and co-authored:
- David Jeremiah; Acts of Love 1994
- David Jeremiah; The Jeremiah Study Bible 2013
- David Jeremiah; Sanctuary: Finding Moments of Refuge in the Presence of God 2002
- David Jeremiah; Turning Toward Integrity 1993
- David Jeremiah; Is This The End? Signs of God’s Providence in a Disturbing New World 2016
- David Jeremiah; Living With Confidence In A Chaotic World 2009
- David Jeremiah; The Heart of Jesus 2014
- David Jeremiah, Why the Nativity? 2006
- David Jeremiah; The Power of Encouragement 1997
- David Jeremiah; Philippians: Twenty-Six Daily Bible Studies 1983
- David Jeremiah and C.C. Carlson; The Handwriting on the Wall 1992
- David Jeremiah; The Prayer Matrix: Plugging into the Unseen Reality 2004
- David Jeremiah; Slaying The Giants In Your Life 2001
- David Jeremiah; God Loves You: He Always Has – He Always Will 2012
- David Jeremiah, The Coming Economic Armageddon: What Bible Prophecy Warns About the New Global Economy 2010
- David Jeremiah; God in You: Releasing the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Life 2006
- David Jeremiah and Thomas Kinkade; The Secret of the Light 2005
- David Jeremiah; When Your World Falls Apart 2004
- David Jeremiah; Prayer: The Great Adventure 2004
- David Jeremiah; Until I Come 2001
- David Jeremiah; The Things That Matter: Living a Life of Purpose Until Christ Returns 2003
- David Jeremiah; A Bend in the Road: Finding God When Your World Caves In 2002
- David Jeremiah; A Life Beyond Amazing 2017
- David Jeremiah and C.C. Carlson; Invasion of Other Gods 1996
- David Jeremiah; Gifts from God: Encouragement and Hope for Today’s Parents 1999
- David Jeremiah; Stories of Hope from a Bend in the Road 2001
- David Jeremiah; His Majesty’s Melody 2003
- David Jeremiah; What the Bible Says About Angels 1996
- David Jeremiah; Searching for Heaven on Earth: How to Find What Really Matters in Life 2004
- David Jeremiah; Life Wide Open: Unleashing the Power of a Passionate Life 2005
- David Jeremiah; Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God 2006
- David Jeremiah; Everything You Need 2019
- David Jeremiah; What In the World is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore 2008
- David Jeremiah; Agents of the Apocalypse: A Riveting Look at the Key Players of the End Times 2014
- David Jeremiah, I Never Thought I’d See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads 2011
- David Jeremiah; My Heart’s Desire: Living Every Moment in the Wonder of Worship 2004
- David Jeremiah; Escape the Coming Night 2001
David Jeremiah Recordings
Along with the books, David Jeremiah is also known for publishing various recordings of sermons and audio religious instructions. His most famous recordings include: What the Bible Says About Angels, 9/11: Our Nation’s Emergency Call, Christians Have Stress Too, A Bend in the Road: Experiencing God When Your World Caves in, Prayer, the Great Adventure, Best of Christian Living, Prayer, the Great Adventure, Jesus’ Final Warning: Hearing Christ’s Voice in the Midst of Chaos and Raising Well Adjusted Kids.
I believe you found this article on David Jeremiah biography interesting. There’s a comment section below where you can share your suggestions or thoughts with us.