Cynthia Morgan Biography
Cynthia Morgan biography is about an artist who is also widely known as Madrina. She is a Nigerian actress, singer and songwriter. Her full name is Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan. Her music is an astute combination of rap, dancehall, pop and hip-hop to deliver a unique music fiesta to your ears. She is more popularly known for her hit singles “Lead Me On” and “Don’t Break My Heart”. She has also acted in different movies such as the 2016 Nollywood move “The Wrong Number” as well as Ay’s comedy movie “ A trip to Jamaica”.
Who is Cynthia Morgan
Cynthia Morgan was born in Edo state, precisely Benin City. She began to star as a backup singer for her mothers musical band from the age of three which is quite so young and exceptional. When she turned 7, she began writing and composing songs and by the age of 17, she was ready to take on the musical scene in Nigeria. It should be noted that Cynthia Morgan did not move on to the University like other musicians but decided to hit the music scene early. And she has been able to do that successfully. She also stated in another interview, that she had met her Dad for the first time at the age of 7 and although such scenarios may have turned her life negatively, she held on and decided to do good for herself.
This she did, by releasing her debut single which featured the General Pype “Dutty Stepping”. In 2008, she decided to move out of Edo state to Lagos where she believed it would be much better to excel in her music.
In Lagos, she began calling herself Killa Marshal, something she picked up from Lady Gaga Her Killa figure represents her most frank, sassy and crazy area of her life. However, on the 22nd of August, 2013, she got a music contract with the Northside Entertainment Inc. This record label is owned by Jude “Engees” Okoye. It was within this recording contract that she released the hot singles “Lead Me On” and “Don’t Break My Heart”.
In 2012, she released another hit single titled “High High High” which has also received a lot of accolades. In an interview once, Cynthia Morgan stated that she admires Davido as a hardworking and persistent person. She also confessed that she finds him attractive and had had a crush on him at one time.
Cynthia Morgan songs
- Dutty Stepping
- Right Move
- Baby Mama
- High High High & Ojoro
- Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On”
- I’m Taken
- Simati Niya
- Bubble Bup
- German Juice
- Come and Do
- No Cameras
Cynthia Morgan Awards — Cynthia Morgan Biography
- Received nominations for the best Female Artist and Best Rap Act of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Received awards for the best New Artist by the 2014 South South Music Awards
- Awards for the Best Music Artist of the Year by the 2014 ELOY Awards where she was also nominated for the Best Female Artist by the same award.
- Ben TV Awards, nominated for the “Best Newcomer”, “Best Hip-Hop Female Artist” and “Best Reggae/Dancehall Artist”
- Received awards for the Best Reggae Single at the The Headies 2016 where she also received nominations for the “Next Rated” Category.
- Received awards for the 2015 South South Music Awards for the category of “Best Reggae/Dancehall.
- Nominated for the Female Artist of the Year by the 2015 Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
Cynthia Morgan Net Worth
Cynthia Morgan net worth is an estimated $150,000 earned from performance fees, song sales and endorsements.