A student visa is a genuine authorization the government of the designated country issues to students who have already been accepted at a certified education establishment coupled with all the required documents. This article is on how to apply for a China Student Visa.
How To Apply For China Student Visa From Nigeria
The China student visa is of two types
- The X visa: offered to students who intend to study in China for over 6 months
- The F visa: issued for students that want to study in China for not more than 180 days. Find out the most appropriate visa type suitable for you
China Student Visa application process
- Go to the consulate office to get your application form and carefully fill out the application form. Then personally or through any trusted person return the completed form to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate office in Nigeria.
- Note that no appointment is required for visa application.
- Payment of visa fee: Pay for your visa application fees at the stipulated account with the required amount. You will be required to pay a visa fee of around 6000 naira per person which will be paid at the Stanbic IBTC Bank opposite the Consulate General on the date of collection.
- Visa Processing duration; this is subject to change, but usually takes about four working days to process.
- For urgency; you will be required to pay extra 4000 Naira and get the visa between 2-3 days.
- Attach all your documents to the application form as requested.
To avoid being stranded at the visa application centre, ensure that you are with the right documents as stated below
China Student Visa Application Requirements
- A completed China Visa Application form; all questions must be responded to. You can answer N/A or None if the question does not apply to you. Use block letters only in filling the form.
- Acceptance letter of admission from the Chinese school
- Valid International passport; original signed passport and one photocopy of the information page. The passport must have at least eight months validity beyond your intended stay duration with a minimum of two blank passport pages.
- dully signed bio data form; this form includes your personal details, purpose of travel and confirmation number
- one recent color passport photograph on white background having 48mm tall X 33 mm wide size
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- Evidence of health’s insurance cover
- Character certificate
- Certificate of eligibility
- Your academic documents like transcript, diplomas, degrees, or any other certificate you acquired from your school
- Financial report from your bank to access your capabilities in paying all that are needed for studies and all expenses during your stay in China.
- Proof of you to return back to Nigeria after your study period
All the information provided above are subject to change without any prior notice and the consulate officer can determine the visa validity, duration of stay, and number of entries of the China Student Visa or may refuse the applicant’s based on his assessment.