This post features the Chidinma Ekile biography, relationship, personal life, life struggles, awards and nominations, victories and her pathway into the music industry.
Chidinma heralds as a Nigerian Songwriter, singer and stage performer. Her Birth name is Chidinma Ekile but she is fondly known by friends and fans as ‘Ms. Kedike”. Petite and a smiling face are what ascribe to her warm personality. She is loved for her lovely high pitched voice which got her to the spotlight and made her a household name in the Nigerian music industry today.
CHIDINMA EKILE BIOGRAPHY
Chidima is the sixth of seven children born to her family. Her parents originated from Imo state but she was born in Ketu, Kosofe in Lagos State. Born in Lagos, she also did her primary and secondary education in the suburbs of Lagos, Ketu before relocating with her family to Ikorodu.
After this, she got admitted into the prestigious University of Lagos to study Mass communication but debunked due to the amazing rise to star dorm after winning the MTN “Project Fame Competition”
She began singing at 6 years old and grew up in a strict home. At age ten, she joined her church choir.
In an interview, Chidinma admitted that music was never her first love and that she sought to advance her education before trying and surprisingly winning the MTN “Project Fame music Competition”. Although many have said that she gives an impression of a “good girl gone bad”, She maintains that she is still the same but evolving as a musician.
CHIDINMA EKILE CAREER – PROJECT FAME
Prior to her entry into the music competition, Chidinma worked as a business promoter in Lagos state. She dreamed of been a part of the competition from its creation in 2008 but gained entry in the year 2010 and subsequently won the show. She received many prizes including a cash prize of N2.5 million, 2011 Toyota RAV4 and a production deal.
LIFE AFTER PROJECT FAME – CHIDINMA EKILE BIOGRAPHY
Chidinma began working on her first album after the music competition and released it according to schedule in 2011. She worked with many producers during the creation of this album including popular producers such as Oscar Heman Ackah, WazBeat, Tee-Y Mix and Cobhams Asuquo. Singles released in February that year includes “Carry You Go”, “Jankoliko”, “Kedike” and many more. She also worked with the famous Clarence Peters in the making of some of her hit singles such as “Kedike”.
She has worked with many prestigious musicians such as Flavour N’Abania, Wizkid, Dr. SID, Ice Prince, Tiwa Savage, Phyno, Waje, Davido and many more in different performances and stages such as the Guinness World of More Concert in November 2013., MTN Valentine Rave Party and many more. She has also had many music singles with top artists like Flavour and Wizkid.
Chidinma has also performed in many countries across Africa such as Cameroun, Kenya, Cote D’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, The Republic of Benin, Niger, Ghana and Equatorial Guinea. She is known and loved across Africa. She has also cited the likes of Onyeka Onwenu, Darey Art Alade, Fela Kuti, Omawuni, Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and Lagbaja as her musical influences.
CHIDINMA EKILE LOVE LIFE – CHIDINMA EKILE BIOGRAPHY
Several accusations and rumors have enveloped the Social Media with regards to who is her special one. One of such rumors were supported by her many mushy scenes with Flavour in one of her popular music videos. Some other rumors stated that she is dating Kiss Daniel. In an interview with a media house, Chidinma has debunked these rumors stating that although it hurts that there are many speculations, the truth about her relationship will be known in due time.
She said.” I don’t like to speak about my relationship or love life in public. There is nothing to talk about me and Kizz Daniel. People can say anything they wish to say” Whether I am in a relationship with him or not, everyone will get to know later”.
She further added” I find it weird that I am always linked to a musician or the other. At times it takes me the extra effort to convince people that all these reports are untrue”.
SEX TAPE ACCUSATIONS – CHIDINMA EKILE BIOGRAPHY
In 2013, there was a viral sex tape of someone that looks like Chidinma that surfaced on the internet. Many were convinced that it was authentic, although it has been strongly debunked by Chidinma. In an interview that same year, she stated that although her fan base grew after this incident, she was quite devastated by the scandal.
Through the many struggles, rumors, and accusations, Chidinma has held up strong and is still making millions of Nigerians proud through her uplifting beats and lovely vocals.
CHIDINMA EKILE SONGS
- I Am a Winner (with all Project Fame Stars)
- Carry You Go
- Run Dia Mouth
- Emi Ni Baller (featuring Tha Suspect and IllBliss
- Emi Ni Baller ( Remix featuring WizKid)
- Bless My Hustle
- Oh Baby
- Sweet Like Shuga ( with Kcee, Sound Sultan, Professor, and Flavour)
- Oh Baby (You & I) featuring Flavour
- Kui Kache
As a featured Artist
- In the Air
- One Kain Love(Mystro)
- Oga DJ (Mr2Kay)
- Only Human
- Sweet Potato
- Our voices
- Ije love
- All I want is your love (with BankyW)
CHIDINMA EKILE AWARDS – CHIDINMA EKILE BIOGRAPHY
It would interest you to know that one of the many awards received by Chidinma was given to her by the famous Footballer, Didier Drogba at the 2012 Kora Awards. She as you know it was also endorsed by MTN Nigeria alongside Praiz in 2013.
- Received nominations at the City People Entertainment Awards for “Musician of the Year (Female” and “Best Collabo of the Year”.
- She has also been nominated for “ Best Pop R&B Artist of the Year:”, “Female Artist of the Year”, Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director) and “Best Collaboration” at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- At the African Muzik Magazine Awards, She was nominated for “ Best Female West Africa”.
- She also received nominations at the MTV Africa Music Awards for “Best Female” category.
- At the Headies, She received nominations for “Best Collabo”
- At the Nigerian Music Video Awards, she received nominations for the positions, “Video of the Year”, “Best Pop Extra Video” and “Best Afro Hip-Hop Video” She won the award for the “Best Pop Extra video in that award ceremony.
- She received nominations for “Most Gifted African West” awards at the Channel O music video Awards.
- She has also received nominations for “Best Collabo” at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- At the Headies, she was nominated for: Best Vocal Performance in the female category.
- At the Nigerian Music Video Awards, She was nominated for “Best Afro-pop” and “Best Indigenous Concept” categories.
- She received nominations for “Best New Act of the Year” and “Best Pop/B&B Artist of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- She won the award for “Best Female West African Act” at the Kora Awards.
CHIDINMA EKILE NET WORTH 2021
Chidinma is one of the most influential and wealthiest musicians in the Nigerian Showbiz. She has an estimated net worth of about $1.5 million.