Bruce Willis is an American producer, actor, and singer. He is well known for his roles in acting action-thriller movies. He has featured in over 70 films since the start of his career. Bruce Willis net worth is about $180 million. He is well known as a very successful and wealthy actor.
Bruce Willis Biography
Walter Bruce Willis was born on the 19th of March, 1955 to his American father, David Willis who is a soldier and German mother. He was born in Germany but his family moved to the United States in 1957. He has three siblings, a sister, Florence and two brothers, Robert and David. However, Robert is now deceased. Bruce was the oldest of the four children.
His family moved back to New Jersey after his father was discharged from the military in 1957. Bruce went to Penns Groove High School and Montclair State University for drama. While growing, Bruce had a problem with stuttering which earned him the nickname “Buck-Buck”. Back in high school, he joined the drama group and his stuttering reduced while on stage.
He started acting in the 1970s off-Broadway stage and came to limelight after he played a role in Moonlight, a popular television series.
He worked as a security guard at Salem Nuclear Power Plant after graduating from high school. After leaving his university in junior year, he worked as a bartender to support himself.
Bruce Willis Career
In 1984, he left New York to move to California. This was when his acting career began. He starred as a guest actor in the first episode of The Twilight Zone. After this, in 1985, he auditioned and got the role of David Addison in Moonlighting. Because of his role, he was known as a comedic actor and he won an Emmy Award for Lead Actor in the series and also a Golden Globe for Best Actor.
The success of the show made him to become a pitchman for Golden Wine Cooler products for 2 years until Bruce decided to not renew his contract because he stopped drinking alcohol. He was paid between $5 – $7 million. Endorsements deals are also part of what contributed to Bruce Willis net worth.
In 1987, he had his first lead role in a film “Blind Date” with Kim Basinger. After this, he also played a cowboy, Tom mix in the movie “Sunset”. However, his real break came in 1988 when he played John Mcclane in the film “Die Hard”. He became an action hero. Just like some other actors like Jason Statham, Mr. Willis also performs his own stunts in movies. The film Die Hard grossed about $138,708,852 worldwide. After his huge success, he featured in the drama “In Country” and also played the voice of a talking baby in “Look Who’s talking”.
Then in the 1990s, he recorded an album “The Return of Bruno” which had hit single “Respect Yourself”. All these and more are most of Bruce Willis net worth sources.
Bruce Willis Awards
Bruce Willis has received numerous awards and honorary titles.
- He received the honor of Sour Apple by Golden Apple in 1987.
- In 2000, he was also honored by the American Cinematheque Gala Tribute as an extraordinary artist in the entertainment industry.
- The Hasting Theatricals gave him The Hasty Pudding Man of the year in 2002.
- In 2005, the Makanaki Brothers Film gave him the Golden Camera Award for the best international actor.
- In 2006, the French honored him for his contributions to the film industry. He also got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2011, Bruce Willis was inducted into New Jersey Hall of Fame.
Bruce Willis Marriages, Relationships and Children
Bruce Willis married actress Demi Moore on the 21st of November, 1987. They have 3 daughters (Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah) together. On the 18th of October, 2000 the couple filed for divorce. Bruce Willis in an interview said, “I felt I had failed as a father and a husband by not being able to make it work.” He and his ex-wife have maintained a close relationship after that.
He was also engaged to actress Brooke Burns but they called it quit ten months later. In 2009, he got married to Emma Heming and they had a civil ceremony days later. They both have 2 daughters together.
Bruce Willis Net Worth
The actor Bruce Willis net worth is $180 million. His divorce with Demi Moore reportedly made him pay out $90 million for settlement after their 13 years marriage ended.
Bruce Willis Movies
Some of the movies this popular actor has featured in are The First Deadly Sin, Prince of the City, Look who’s talking, The Bonfire of the Vanities, Death becomes Her, Die Hard With a Vengeance, The Whole Ten Yards, Ocean Twelve, Fast Food Nation, The Story of Us, Live Free or Die Hard, The Black Mamba, Assassination of a High School President, What Just Happened, Motherless Brooklyn, 10 Minutes gone, Once Upon a Time in Venice, Acts of Violence and much more. You can also check out more of the movie this man has featured in.
Here are our top 6 quotes by the Legendary actor Bruce Willis;
- “If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who would have guns would be the bad guys. Even a pacifist would get violent if someone were trying to kill him or her. You would fight for your life, whatever your beliefs.”
- “Art imitates life and, sometimes, life imitates art. It’s a weird combination of elements.”
- “Too many children in foster care are falling through cracks. Be a hero, take the time to learn about adoption today.”
- “I have zero interest in performing films to try to convey any kind of message. My job is to be entertaining.”
- “Your kids need your love and attention, and being able to devote myself to them is very fulfilling. As I get older, spending time with my daughters makes things much easier. You learn to put your ego aside.”
- Finally, “I’m staggered by the question of what it’s like to be a multimillionaire. I always have to remind myself that I am.”
Finally, this post is about Bruce Willis net worth, life, relationships and all his achievement. This man has made a name and legacy for himself as a stuntman and actor.