The following listed albums are what have been rated as the best selling albums in music history from past ages till the very present age.
BEST SELLING ALBUMS EVER
- Thriller by Michael Jackson: this landmark music album which seems impossible to be dethroned was released in 1982. It was recorded to have a total sale of 47.3 million certified copies. Thriller took home eight Grammys at the 1984 ceremony which was the most won in a single night. It was a studio album type with the label of Epic Records and one of the best selling albums of all time.
- Their Greatest Hits By Eagles: the Eagles comprises of Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh. The Compilation type music album was released in the year 1976 with the Label of Elektra. It was recorded to have a certified sale of 29 million units.
- The Wall by Pink Floyd: the album is a Studio album type with the Label of Columbia which was released in the year 1979. It was recorded to have 23 million certified sales.
- Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 11 by Billy Joel: this Compilation album type with the Label of Columbia was released in 1985. The music album had 23 million copies certified sales.
- Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin: the music album was released in the year 1971 has an estimated certified sales copy of 29 million and an estimated sales copy of 37 million. The album contains some of the Zep’s biggest hits like “Stairway to Heaven’, ‘Rock and Roll’, ‘When the Levee Breaks’ and so many other nice tracks. It is a studio album type with the label of Atlantic Records and one of the best selling albums ever.
- Back in Back by AC/DC: it has certified sales of 26.1million with an estimated sales of 50 million copies worldwide. The album was released immediately after the death of band lead singer known as Bon Scott in 1980 when Brian Johnson joined the band.
- Double Live by Garth Brooks: This music album was released in 1998. It was a live album type with the Label of Capitol Nashville. The estimated certified sales copy was 21million units.
- Come On Over by Shania Twain: this is definitely the recorded highest selling album by a solo female artist. Shania Twain sings during her rain soaked concert which was held in the grandstand area of the New York State. The album had certified sales copies of 20 million units
- Rumours by Fleetwood Mac: Fleetwood Mac had these as members; John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, Steve Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. The music album was released in the year 1977, making it the Fleetwood Mac’s eleventh album. It had an approximate sale of 40 million, out of which the certified sales was 27.9 million all over the world. The album may be characterized by varied backgrounds, anguish, independent writing process and optimism.
- Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morisette: this album had estimated sales of 33 million copies. The album contained 13 tracks. Though, this album was a real alternative sound and doesn’t quite fit with other top ten best selling albums as it there were all sorts of instrumental experimentation throughout the album.