When it comes to getting the right skincare regimen, Bananas are definitely overlooked. It may seem crazy but mashed bananas are actually good for you. It may sound ridiculous but lumps of it which probably is never a great sight with all of it’s gewy nature should be your first choice within picking out natural hair care regimen.Banana hair mask is very good for the hair and its something you should try out.
What makes bananas unique?
Notwithstanding, Banana are great sources of nutrition; it is a great source of Potassium. A single piece can give you about 23% of your daily requirement of Potassium. In addition it contain a healthy combination of vitamins such as vitamin B6, Vitamin C as well as fiber and magnesium.
Did you know that they do not contain an iota of cholesterol, yes it doesn’t and all it does add is a bit of calories ( about 110cal), so why not start having, at least one every day.
Why Bananas should be a part of your Hair care regimen
Bananas are not just good for your body, they are also quite good for your hair as well. They add shine to your hair, protect and prevent dandruff as well as moisturizing effects. They will also help soften frizzy hair, make your hair more elastic and prevent split ends.
Currently, you can get many hair care products that do contain its extracts but sometimes, it is quite good to go for natural DIY recipes which will keep all chemicals away from your hair. Here are some very good banana hair mask recipes you can add to your Hair care program.
Banana Hair Mask Recipes
Recipe 1#: Banana and Coconut Hair Mask
This wonderful blend is especially good for Coarse Hair as it will effectively moisturize your scalp and hair.
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil (1/2 for short or thin hair)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- Mash banana and then combine well with coconut milk and oil
- Apply to your hair and cover with a plastic shower cap. Leave for 30 minutes
- Wash and rinse as normal.
Recipe 2# Banana and Avocado Hair Mask
If you wish to strengthen your hair, then this recipe is for you.
- ½ avocado (core removed)
- ½ banana
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- Blend avocado and banana using a blender until quite smooth and pasty.
- Whisk egg and add into the puree. Mix properly
- Apply to hair and leave for 15 to 30 minutes
- Wash and rinse hair as usual with cold water( hot water will cook the egg)
Recipe 3# Banana Hair Mask
With just banana, you can step up your hair from that dull look to a shiny, smooth and soft hair. If this is all you want with your hair, then this recipe will be very good for you.
- 1 ripe banana
- Mash banana into a smooth paste and apply to hair ( including scalp, roots and tips)
- Cover hair with a plastic shower caps and let it stand for about 20 minutes
- Wash and rinse as usual
Recipe 4# Banana and Yoghurt Hair mask
After a day out in the sun, this recipe will be a perfect way to rejuvenate your hair from all oxidizing effects caused by the Sun and the stress of the day. This recipe is also good for brittle and damaged hair as it promises to restore your hair to a healthy, strong and beautiful mane.
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ liter plain yoghurt
- 3 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. juice of fresh lemon
- Mash banana and mix in other ingredients until evenly combined
- Apply to hair and cover with a plastic shower cap and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse in Lukewarm water.