Jephthah Bowoto officially known as Akpororo is a famous comedian in the Nigerian Industry. Popularly known for his multi-talented personality, it is no wonder that Akpororo is an indeed a gifted comedian among many other gifts which also made him a much-acclaimed gospel singer, vocalist, actor, and M.C. This article covers Akpororo biography, career and other interesting facts about him.
Akpororo was born on the 3rdof October in the year, 1989 in Warri Delta State. Originally he is a native of ILaje, a small settlement in Ondo State but he spent his early years in Warri, Delta state hence earning him his much acclaimed “Warri accent.” It was in Warri, Delta State that he had his early education. He is currently a student at the Lagos State University where he is studying Sociology.
AKPORORO MUSIC CAREER Ι AKPORORO BIOGRAPHY
Akpororo kick-started his career by attending the National Comedy Challenge hosted by Opa Williams in 2008 and he won the Calabar zone of the competition.
In 2009, he decided to take his comedy to the state of Lagos and contested twice at the Ay’s Open Mic Challenge, failing the first time and going on to win the second competition.
In 2013, after winning the Basketmouth’s Laff and Jam show, he became more popular and developed an impressive niche within the Comedy Industry. After this, he was even more frequently seen at many comedy shows including the much acclaimed “ AY Live.”
In 2014, he staged his debut comedy show “Akpororo vs. Akpororo” at the Shell Hall Muson Centre; this event was attended by many household names including many notable comedians and artists.
Also in 2014, Akpororo kickstarted his acting career by starring in two favorite movies “ Headgone” and “ The Antique” which earned him various nominations including one at the 2015 Golden Icons Academy Awards. This movie featured well-known comedians and artists like Alibaba, Eniola Badmos, Zack Orji and Tuface Idibia.
Apart from his success in Comedy and Acting, Akporoo is a highly acclaimed gospel artist who has been known to perform for mega churches including HICC, HGCC in Lagos, COZA in Abuja and The Rock Cathedral.
AKPORORO PERSONAL LIFE Ι AKPORORO BIOGRAPHY
Akpororo is married to Josephine, and presently the marriage is blessed with three beautiful children.
AKPORORO AWARDS Ι AKPORORO BIOGRAPHY
- Nominated “ Best Comedy Act” at the 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- Nominated “ Best Actor in a Comedy” at the 2016 Africa Magic viewers choice awards
- Received nomination for “ Comedy Act of the Year” at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- Received nominations for “ Best New Actor” and “ Best Comedic Act( View’s choice” at the 2015 Golden Icons Academy Awards
- Won an award for “ Best Comedic Act” at the 2015 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards.
- Nominated “Comedian of the Year” at the 2014 BEN Television Awards.
- Nominated “Comedian of the Year” at the 2014 BEN television Awards.
- Won the title “Best Comedian of the Year” at the 2014 Naija FM Comedy Awards.
AKPORORO NET WORTH 2021
Akpororo is estimated to have a net worth value of over $1.4 million. He is also one of the official ambassadors of Airtel Nigeria.