Are you a business man? Or a potential entrepreneur who is based in Nigeria? Perhaps, you should consider going into exportation of some of the top agricultural export products in Nigeria as listed below:
Top Agricultural Export Products in Nigeria
- Ginger: Nigeria is one of the largest producers of ginger. You can start earning dollars on regular basis by involving in Trans-Sahara or Trans-Atlantic trade with this goods.
- Cocoa Butter: the demand of cocoa is very high outside the country due its benefits in chocolates production, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical products.
- Palm kernel oil: this is very common to get in Nigeria and palm kernel oil is on a high demand across the country for its use in the manufacturing of cosmetics, pharmaceutical and confectioneries.
- Rubber: Nigeria is one of the major countries that produces significant amount of rubber and its already one of the top export items the country sells to other countries. You can consider exporting it to Europe and America.
- Sesame Seed: this commodity is mainly found in areas like Jigawa and Benue in Nigeria. This is the second most exported product in volume and foreign exchange.
- Pure Honey: As little as a kilogram of natural honey can bring you some amount of money about $150. That means much money for you when you are able to export a whole drum of pure honey.
- Gallstone: this is gotten from the gallbladder of matured cow and oven. When processed and package effectively, it can be exported to Asia and America who mostly need it for pharmaceuticals.
- Yam Tubers: Nigeria is the highest yam producer. Once the yam tubers are of great quality, you can be sure of your millions in foreign exchange market.
- Charcoal: this product is produced in good quantity in Nigeria and it is of a high demand in Asia, Europe and USA. It makes the list of agricultural export products in Nigeria as its gotten from wood.
- Shrimps: the Niger Delta region in Nigeria is mostly blessed with shrimps. Portugal, France, Belgium, Spain and USA have high demands for shrimps.
- Cotton: it is easily produced in Nigeria and needed internationally for the production of fabrics.
- Cassava Flour: Cassava foods are the commonest type of food in Nigeria. When well processed in to flour, it can be shipped into Europe and American.
- Cashew Nuts: produced by almost in all parts of Nigeria. Unprocessed raw cashew nuts can be exported to India, Brazil and Vietnam.
- Snail: this is very easy and cheap to rear with a favorable Nigeria weather. It can be shipped internationally especially to Europe and America
- Chili Pepper: Nigeria weather supports the productions of Chili pepper which is needed globally.
- Leather and Footwear: Nigeria is endowed with the third largest livestock population in Africa. These livestock is the raw materials for leather and its products are needed internationally.
- Shea butter: this is a natural fat extracted from fruits of the Shea butter tree, common in Nigeria and it’s of high value in foreign exchange.
- Gum Arabic: this is produced by Acacia trees which occurs within the Sahel Ecological zone of Nigeria. It’s of high demand for its relevance in cosmetics and pharmaceutical products.
- Yam Flour: with the right machinery and equipment, yam flour can easily be produced due to the good climate that favors yam production in Nigeria. This flour is of great importance in foreign exchange.
- Poultry: this involves all domestic birds, eggs, or meats which are highly needed both within Africa and Western countries and has the potential to become a top export items and major revenue earner for the country.
Don’t just let these items lie there wasting, because Nigerians can consume it all. Think out of the box and choose the agricultural export products in Nigeria you feel more comfortable with to start exporting.