Papaya leaves is the same thing as pawpaw leaves. Pawpaw tree was first cultivated in Mexico but now a common fruit especially to those living in tropical areas. This fruit has many nutritional values. But we are going to talk about the health benefits of papaya leaves.
Basic Health Benefits of Papaya Leaves:
- Malaria treatment: papaya leaves serves as an anti-malaria agent. If you want to prevent being attacked by malaria or already infected, you can make a choice of papaya leaves as a home remedy and natural way of treating malaria by drinking some juice of the leaves.
- Lower Dengue symptoms: Dengue infection is a deadly viral type of disease caused by Aedes mosquito. The common symptoms of this sickness are skin rash, fever, headache, joint pain, muscle pain etc. Papaya leaves brings a soothing relief from this extreme medical condition due to the enzymes like chymopapain and papain contained in it.
- Menstrual Pain Reduction: Ladies will agree with me that menstrual pain can be so horrible. It lands many in hospital almost every month. But thanks for the solution found in the usage of these leaves. To effectively reduce menstrual pain, this is what you must do; get a papaya leaf, some salt, tamarind and water. Mix all together and boil for few minutes. Strain the mixture into a clean bowl and drink it when it’s still warm.
- Cures for Eczema: Eczema is an inflammatory skin disease usually characterized by itchy, weeping, crusting patches, etc. papaya leaves being a natural anti-inflammatory agent is useful in curing the disease. To get rid of that Eczema on your fine skin; scrub the body very well and simply apply papaya leaves to the affected area. Leave for a while before bathing it off.
- Boosts Immune System: papaya leaves contains some vital components of Vitamin like Vitamin A, C and E. these vitamins are essential keeping one healthy by boosting the body’s immune system.
- Gastric Ulcers Remedy: it has been proven by research for papaya’s leaves ability of curing ulcers. When papaya leaves is consumed it increases the activities of glutathione peroxidase –an anti-oxidant that fights against free radicals in the body. This leaf also prevents peptic ulcer by fighting against the causative bacteria called H.Pylori.
- Support the Digestive System: the protease, papain, amylase, and chymopapain enzymes found in the leaves of papaya makes the breaking down of carbohydrate, protein or any other classes of food we eat much easier thereby preventing constipation.
- Reduces the risk of cancer: papaya leaves contain a compound known as acetogenin which is very important in the war against cancers. This herb can protect you from breast cancer, cervical cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer when taken daily.
- Improves Hair Health: papaya leaves contains karpain enzymes which helps to remove grime and oil from the hair scalp. It can also be used to treat dandruff, in conditioner or shampoo production.
- Preventing Coronary Artery Disease: this disease is usually caused by the excess cholesterol in the body. Papaya leaves contains anti-oxidants which help to keep the body cholesterol levels in check, boosts the blood flow circulation in the body and then protects the heart from being infected with coronary artery disease.
The papaya leaves can be used in different forms; as tea, juice, tropical application, as food vegetable. Despite the numerous health benefits of papaya leaves, this article won’t be complete without bringing you to the awareness of some of the possible side effects of this herb and these are: very harmful for pregnant women, causes skin irritations and has a very bitter taste.