Green tea is a plant product used by people all over the globe as beverages. But fair enough, this tea type does not just serve as refreshment. It has numerous vital contents that are beneficial to health which you might not have known. No wonder Christopher Ochner, a research nutritionist stated that “Green tea is the healthiest thing I can think of to drink”. After reading this wonderful article, many diseases both mild and severe affecting majority of the population would have been dealt with from the knowledge you will get from here today.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA:
- Anti-anxiety: green tea contains an enzyme known as amino-acid L-theanine. This enzyme helps the body by enhancing relaxation and taking away anxiety.
- Prevents tooth decay: some bacterial form around the mouth proceeding from the food consumed or due to an ill health. But green tea can remedy this situation because it has the antibacterial properties capable of fighting cavities causative bacteria in the mouth. Leaving your teeth and gum healthier.
- Reduces cardiovascular disease: green tea increases the blood antioxidant level-prevents the LDL particles from oxidation thereby lowering the chances of having heart disease and stroke.
- Controls diabetes: this disease comes as a result of having too much sugar in the blood and inability for the body to produce enough insulin. Green tea has been found useful in the treatment of this kind of ailment because of its ability in reducing excess blood sugar.
- Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease: these are neurodegenerative disorders. Green tea help in lowering the disease risk by preventing the death of dopamine which is responsible for producing neurons in the brain.
- Lowers the risk of cancers: cancers are of different types- breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, etc. This life threatening disease is caused by an uncontrolled cells growth. The antioxidant property contained in green tea fight against such condition by preventing oxidative damage.
- Improves the brain: green tea is able to cross the blood-brain barrier due to the L-theanine enzymes found in it. This enzyme is also capable of increasing the production of alpha waves in the brain.
- Make one smarter: green tea contains a reasonable amount of caffeine. This caffeine acts as a stimulant and invariably keeps you awake, make you smarter without causing any jittery effects.
- Reduces obesity: green tea serves as an effective way of burning excess fat in the body. And prevents one from obesity- a disease easily characterized by excess weight. Hence green tea enhances your physical fitness.
- Reduces inflammation: green is rich in polyphenols. This property makes it useful in controlling inflammation couple with the effect of catechins known as EGCG. Catechins are natural antioxidants useful in preventing cell damage.
NOTE: if your major aim of taking green tea is for health reason rather than pleasure, avoid taking it without milk. It works better taking it the way it came.
Amazed on the health benefits of this drink? Perhaps, you should consider adding it to your menu. I bet you people will begin to ask you for the secret to your good health; increased wisdom, and absolute smartness.