Another name for Curry leaves in Hindi is kadhi patta. They are tiny green leaves found on the Sweet neem tress which is native to Southern India and Sri Lanka. It is commonly used spice because of its good aroma and taste to the food. Apart from these nutritional value of curry leaves, they could also be used for medicinal purpose and for the entire health of the body. That is what this article was specifically created for.
Here are some of the Health Benefits and Medicinal Use of Curry Leaves:
- Improves Diarrhea and Hemorrhoid treatment: They contains anti- bacteria and anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of Carbazole alkaloids in the leaves. These properties make the consumption of curry leaves effective in the treatment of diarrhea. And when mixed with honey, it aids in the treatment of hemorrhoid.
- Curing of skin infection: skin infections such as pimples, acne, blemishes, red bumps can be cured because of the Vitamin E, anti-bacteria and anti-inflammatory properties present in curry leaves.
- Cure Anemia: Anemia is a medical condition usually caused as a result of iron deficiency in the body. For the fact that curry leaves is very rich in iron and folic acid, which plays an important role to the bone’s health, makes it very effective in the prevention and treatment of anemia disease.
- Promotes blood circulation: the problem of fatigue, stress, dizziness, menstrual problems, aches etc can be a forgotten issue with regular intake of curry leaves because it enables blood to circulate all over the body.
- Prevent liver damage: It contains Camprefol, Vitamin A and Vitamin C that are helpful in stimulating the liver to function properly. If you desire to protect your liver from being damaged, ensure to add curry leaves to your daily menu.
- Enhances eye health: curry leaves has about 20% of vitamin A which contains carotenoids. What these carotenoids do is to protect the risk of cornea damage, or other forms of eye disorders like night blindness, cloud formation, loss of vision, etc.
- Improves hair health: raw consumption of curry leaves or application of curry leaves on the scalp strengthens the hair shaft. It also prevents hair related issues like premature graying, thinning hair, hair weakness, hair breakage and dandruff both on the hair of men and women.
- Facilitate digestion: intake of curry leaves helps to improve the rate of digestion. The leave is also able to reduce obesity due to its ability in the proper absorption of fat.
- It prevents and promotes diabetes treatment: diabetes is an ailment characterized by too much sugar in the body. Curry leaves can reduce this excess sugar in the body thus; help the body to fight against obesity.
- Promotes wound healing and burns: curry leave contains a compound known as mahanimbicine. This compound combined with the Vitamin C in the leaves, helps to increase wound healing and burns by restoring the hair follicles at the wound site.
These spicy leaves can be taken as tea, as powder, as supplement, spice, fresh, juice, cream etc. based on whatever consumption method you desire.