Cayenne pepper is also known as chili peppers, African pepper or capsicum fruit. It is generally skinny of about 10-25 cm long, reddish in color with a curved tip. It is typically added to food in either its natural or powdered form. Some people also use it as capsule or cream. This pepper being one of the spiciest things on the earth, surprisingly also offers many benefits to the health of our body. Some of these health benefits you will see below as you read on.
Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper:
- Prevents blood clots: cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which helps to dilate clots and clear away artery-narrowing lipid deposits. It also encourages the fibrinolytic activity and helps prevent blood clots. Blood clot is a condition which limits blood flow through the circulatory system as a result of blockages in the arteries.
- Aids digestion: Its intake stimulates the salivary gland which is needed to initiate digestive process. It is also capable of preventing bad breath. The flow of enzyme production can be stimulated by cayenne pepper which is vital for a perfect working of the digestive system.
- Aids detoxification: cayenne pepper provides support for detoxification by restoring the body’s circulatory system, opening the capillaries, regulating blood sugar. It also helps the digestive system that moves toxins and bacteria out of the body.
- Supports weight loss: There is some good news for those who are obese and those who desire to lose some body fats. It is a metabolic booster hence capable of burning off excess fat. This is possible because taking cayenne pepper at breakfast reduces appetite and definitely makes one to eat fewer calories for the day.
- Prevents flu and cold: cayenne pepper has beta carotene and antioxidants properties which boosts the immune system. It then helps in breaking up and moving of congested mucus out of the body. Once this is done, the flu and cold symptoms reduce. Cayenne pepper also contains Vitamin C which helps to reduce cold by increasing the body temperature.
- Prevents allergies: food allergy is also known as food intolerance, and can be caused by a leaky gut condition as a reaction to consuming a specific food. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of cayenne pepper, allergies and its related symptoms can be prevented.
- Maintains good vision: It is a good source of Vitamin A. This essential antioxidant plays a major role in maintaining neurological functions, promotes skin health and healthy vision.
- Cure Candida Infection: This infection is caused by fungal activities in the body. Cayenne pepper is capable of killing fungus and prevents the formation of fungal pathogens. Hence, helps to prevent or promotes the healing from such an infection.
- Reduces degenerative conditions. Cayenne has great abilities in the prevention or treatment of many chronic degenerative conditions like whooping cough, diarrhea, sore throat, red bumps, ulcers or any form of stomach upset.
- Relief Joint Pains: cayenne pepper contains a substance known as capsaicin which has some analgesic properties for reducing pain. After consuming cayenne pepper, it transmits chemical messengers from the skin into the joint, offering relief from joint pain.
The benefits of Cayenne Pepper are amazing and should be consumed more often by everyone.